The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DP

And Jetstream and the Scubapro A700. I have a nice Jetstreame I got from a well known Scubaboard regulator guru. I have not taken it apart yet so not had to deal with those screws. But the reason I own two new G260 regs and not the A700 is the soft purge cover of the A700 and those four screws just ruins it for me. If it had lost the screw ears and instead used a clamp like the 109/156 I would own two or three or four even. Yes, for me, screws are basically a deal stopper. And that silicone exhaust cover of the TFX, like, where will one source that twenty years from now. I still think long range though not sure how long range I am exactly :wink:. Probably more than most, I have staying power and I like regulators with more staying power than me and that silicone cover, it will need replacing in due course.
I feel the same. If a cover costs as much as a parts kit and lasts 10 years, I‘d be ok witu it though. The new materials seem to last…. And even the best regs become obsolete without some parts being available… I stocked up on parts for lifetime several times and then switched to a different reg! 😅

I think we are obsessing about two screws while rsingler is fiendishly tearing into the bigger picture. I can see a booming market for third party square cut titanium torx head screws.

I think we need to distract people from the screw design. How about the design philosophy of red parts? :)View attachment 797459
The red brake calipers are for aesthetics/accent and look great - I love mine on my S5. With the TFX, even if that part is red, most will never know as that part is completely hidden - same with the screws! Apples and Oranges...

I feel the same. If a cover costs as much as a parts kit and lasts 10 years, I‘d be ok with it though.
Or ten days or in the case of my silicone Shearwater Peregrine strap the first attempt to put it on. Silicone is very easy to tear and notch sensitive. SW replaced it but I installed the bungees after the strap and computer went flying across the deck, WTH! Pretty sure the OP was onboard at the time, silicone is good until it is not. I can still fully service 40 years old G250s so that or the Conshelf 1085 is kind of my standard of longevity. Apples and oranges, yes, but that silicone cover, yuk!

Or ten days or in the case of my silicone Shearwater Peregrine strap the first attempt to put it on. Silicone is very easy to tear and notch sensitive. SW replaced it but I installed the bungees after the strap and computer went flying across the deck, WTH! Pretty sure the OP was onboard at the time, silicone is good until it is not. I can still fully service 40 years old G250s so that or the Conshelf 1085 is kind of my standard of longevity. Apples and oranges, yes, but that silicone cover, yuk!
The silicone strap on my Teric looks great after ~ 200 dives and I've not seen any reports of strap issues with Terics/Peregrines - there must have been a defect on your Peregrine strap?

In any event, the TFX silicone exhaust tee is not flimsy and not in a high wear/contact location so, unless it degrades for some unkown reason, I'm not expecting any issues. My masks get a lot of handling and they are fine so not anticipating this to be a problem area for the TFX - of course, time (and real world use) will tell...

All this fuss about something you know nothing about and only seen in A picture on SB?

You guys need to go diving more. I have been diving almost everyday since end of July. It is therapeutic, try it for it will make feel much better.

All this fuss about something you know nothing about and only seen in A picture on SB?

You guys need to go diving more. I have been diving almost everyday since end of July. It is therapeutic, try it for it will make feel much better.
And in your state of Zen you came to complain that people are complaining.

Let them! It's part of the fun!

And in your state of Zen you came to complain that people are complaining.

Let them! It's part of the fun!

I want to spread happiness and joy :)

(My kit is already in the truck for tomorrows morning dive)

This is where I am diving tomorrow:

Attachments

• 20230630_114743.jpg
    20230630_114743.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 45

Back
Top Bottom