The New Atomic TFX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indeed, I could never have afforded my Ti Atomic regs brandnew at retail, same for this one...

can you explain a bit more?

Do we really believe those Phillips head screws are titanium? For the money, I was expecting every bit of metal anywhere in the reg to be titanium.

I would also have expected screws like that to need the same tool as any other similar-sized fasteners in the reg. I.e. I'd have though they'd take a hex wrench, not a Phillips head screwdriver.

I agree that they give the impression of "lower quality".. The IMPRESSION. Reality remains to be seen.

If they are titanium I'll eat my C370.
This would seem suggest that they are as the screws are metal components of the 2nd stage?
IMG_7753.jpg

Do we really believe those Phillips head screws are titanium? For the money, I was expecting every bit of metal anywhere in the reg to be titanium.

I would also have expected screws like that to need the same tool as any other similar-sized fasteners in the reg. I.e. I'd have though they'd take a hex wrench, not a Phillips head screwdriver.

I agree that they give the impression of "lower quality".. The IMPRESSION. Reality remains to be seen.
Well, if you put it that way, I have to agree there are prettier screws. But I am still not complaining... :)

This would seem suggest that they are as the screws are metal components of the 2nd stage?
View attachment 797394

That is some good Marketing, right there.

It makes you think all the metal components in the First and Second stages are titanium.

But, what it actually says is that the First and Second stages have metal components that are "all-titanium". It does not say that ALL metal components are "all-titanium".

Back
Top Bottom