The never-ending Jetfin debate...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DA Aquamaster:
To those who stated it's an old thread, that's true, but on the other hand we ask people to search before asking questions so we can't really bash people for reviving old threads with legitatmate questions.
Yeah I've made that arguement in the past too - but I was mostly referring to the reply to Seajay...

jtrain01:
I have a pair of twin jets and I recently noticed that my knees are sore at the end of my second dive. Just wondering it is is the fins or possibly the way that im kicking or maybe a knee problem. Anyone else having the same expierence with or without twin jets?
Jet fins were "soft" when introduced but are now considered to be relatively stiff by modern standards and they do require a certain amount of leg strenght to use efficiently.

However, I also have bad knees and will not enounter problems with my XL Jet fins unless for some reason I am kicking badly, diving with an already strained ligament, etc.

Damselfish:
Yeah I've made that arguement in the past too - but I was mostly referring to the reply to Seajay...
SeaJay is one of those members who is more accurately considered to be a former member so the point is well taken that if someone is waiting for a reply, it could be awhile.

DA Aquamaster:
Jet fins were "soft" when introduced but are now considered to be relatively stiff by modern standards and they do require a certain amount of leg strenght to use efficiently.

However, I also have bad knees and will not enounter problems with my XL Jet fins unless for some reason I am kicking badly, diving with an already strained ligament, etc.

I drive all day and I am a tall guy (6'5") so my legs are kind of curled up all day. I get the pain towards the end of the second dive but once i am am home my knees feel fine. thank for the input.

I know about the XXL jets, and they are big enough to put BOTH feet in! I was hoping that some "new" jet had slipped by me. Guess not.

Back
Top Bottom