• yes i will see it and i love vegemite

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • no i wont see it so send me tim tams now

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • wheres australia??

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
me? im a no way!!!

i cant stand the hype!

im offended by the title (only Baz would claim ownership to a nations name & identity for his own purposes)

plus cant stand the actors (btw, nicki-noggin was born in hawaii so you guys can have her back if you want)

anyone else??

Sorry, Almity. My love for Hugh Jackman is strong. :love4:

Drover_Rifle2.jpg

Though I do like him a bit more clean/shaven.
trent02.jpg

MensVogueCover.jpg

Nah, can't stand what's 'er face... that Kidman girl. Besides Baz' films are getting worse Strictly Ballroom (yay!) > Romeo + Juliet (Not bad.) > Moulin Rouge! (Urrgghhh...)

Sorry, Almity. My love for Hugh Jackman is strong.
:vomit:

Nah, can't stand what's 'er face... that Kidman girl. Besides Baz' films are getting worse Strictly Ballroom (yay!) > Romeo + Juliet (Not bad.) > Moulin Rouge! (Urrgghhh...)

i liked Strictly Ballroom and i didnt mind R&J too much but give me a good aussie movie like The Castle (LOVE this movie), Babe, Breaker Morant, My Brilliant Career, Gallipoli or the Dish!

Last edited:
When it's available on DVD on a 2-for-1 day. But this thread has me thinking about searching for more Aussie films at the Los Angeles County Library (my version of Netflix).

"Strictly Ballroom?" Wouldn't know, but loved the Japanese film, "Shall We Dance?" Loved "My Brilliant Career." Also enjoyed "Siam Sunset." I have no taste, clearly, and I live in the wrong city.

I will go see it, probably take Mom during the holidays. Looks like that kind of film.

Wherever she was born, Nicole is a beautiful woman (spoken by a granddaughter of 2 redheads, different sides.) Hugh is a good looking man. Soundtrack and dialog are almost irrelevant : ).

BTW, in Australia, I picked up and read a book titled something like, "If I Should Die..." It was a memoir from an English woman of my (redhaired) grandmother's era who relocated to Queensland. It was kind of brutal, not PC by any means, but interesting.

:vomit:

i liked Strictly Ballroom and i didnt mind R&J too much but give me a good aussie movie like The Castle (LOVE this movie), Babe, Breaker Morant, My Brilliant Career, Gallipoli or the Dish!

"Tell him he's dreamin'" :rofl3: :popcorn:

Absolute classic. I took The Castle when it was my pick for movie night many years ago and didn't get even a smile from any of them. :shakehead:

Have a look for "Clubland" if you've not seen it.

"Tell him he's dreamin'" :rofl3: :popcorn:

Absolute classic. I took The Castle when it was my pick for movie night many years ago and didn't get even a smile from any of them. :shakehead:

Have a look for "Clubland" if you've not seen it.
for me the best line is the lebanese neighbour who after the thugs come over to try to scare him gets to say this:

Farouk: You have friend, I have friend. My friend go to your house, put bomb under your car and blow you to ****ing sky!
Darryl Kerrigan: What did he do?
Farouk: He get scared and he leave!

:rofl3:

ME ... I'm a wheres Australia?

ABSOLUTE CLASSIC ... The Castle ... would beat Australia without even trying (and The Dish was good too)

I love that quote AW but my favourite was when Farouk said

They say planes fly overhead ... drop property values ... where I come from planes fly overhead they drop bombs.

You should put up a poll asking if any Americans have seen The Castle and did they understand it?

:eyebrow:anyone coming to OZ should be required to watch The Castle, The Dish, The Pirate Movie and I would vote two more to be added to the Aussie Classics list..... The Man Who Sued God and Kenny:rofl3:

:blinking:Nope I won't be seeing it till someone gives us the video or we get stuck watching it with the Cocky rellies in the bush who like that kind of western rubbish:mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom