The Mares & Dacor HUB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sell them both and get a backplate and wing (I know the standard answer around here). My best advice is find some locally to you who has a BP/Wing and try it for yourself. I am more than sure once you try it you will agree!! I finally got sick of reading about them on this board and tried one...yup I dive one now.
Christopher

titan360 once bubbled...
... has anyone that is trashing it actually dove it? I have 2 HUBs sitting here, one with the fury setup and one with the viper setup. I obtained both from some locals, used.
Well, you don't even say that you've taken either out for a dive yourself!
Why don't you take a test dive (or two) in one and see for yourself? Either the problems/complaints you've found online will be obvious to you (and you'll be thinking about all those issues so it should be easy), or they'll seem overblown. I don't know myself as I have NO experience with the HUB (in any configuration).

-Rob

Hi Guys Ive just done my PADI open water and looking to by the rest of my kit. Thinking of getting one of these any thoughts on them?

Ian Robinson once bubbled...
Hi Guys Ive just done my PADI open water and looking to by the rest of my kit. Thinking of getting one of these any thoughts on them?

as to your question......You didn't read the thread you just posted in, did you??

Ian Robinson once bubbled...

I like how Boogie put it, although, not a direct reference to the HUB....

Some of this stuff should be illegal.

You can get a much better reg and BC or bp/wing setup for far cheaper. Look around a bit, and don't be drawn in by flashy colours or "the next big thing".....

SS

Tavi once bubbled...
as to your question......You didn't read the thread you just posted in, did you??
Actually he didn't, he posted the question as a basenote in the "Basic Scuba Discussions" forum and I moved it here and gave him a pointer to this note via mail. :)

Roak

I was going to ask for some opinions on this, but I think you've all covered it quite well. Great site. Great thread.

Thanks for saving me a couple hundred bones...

James

...I would stay away from integration and keep it as sinple as possible.

Naturally, you will be much more flexible with gear selection if you avoid the HUB and go for what's right for you specifically.

That said, Mares does produce good equipment.

Ari

The HUB looks good but is so heavy you will bust you weight allowance with the airlines :icon4:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom