The Mares & Dacor HUB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want a great deal go to DiveRite's website and see where the closest tecrec dealer is to you. Or, just go to www.northeastscubasupply.com (a DR tr) and get the $449 package ready to dive. Great deal and gear.

archman:
Oh brother are you on the wrong message board!! :crafty:

Sounds like mortlock was on the right message board after all.

Matthew

SB23:
Just to help put the nail in the coffin try this site
http://diveweb.oneandoneis2.com/hub.htm
Great link, especially the link on that page that goes to the HUB owner's rebuttals and his replies to them.

Reader's Digest version of HUB owner's arguments:

"I own a HUB and I think it's great except for... except for... except for... except for..."

Roak

Ok, I was just doing some browsing of Leisurepro and I decided to check out the BC section. I sorted by price and went to the last page, which for $1100.00 you find the below BC...the Mares Hub......there are a couple variations, but this is the most expensive one below.

I know this has been out for awhile now, but right now I just felt compelled to say...ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME???

This product is horrible for the dive industry, talk about marketing blitz....do you think Mares took it too far with this setup? It just looks like a CF! Too much going on with that thing, and I'm not even talking about the price.

:sigh:

Ya. It's been around for about 2 years now and it's a total travesty. Take the reg assembly out of it, put it on a regular BC, and you'd have a hard time finding a DM that would let you in the water with it.

Well it is not really the equipment that makes a good diver. I wasn't trying to imply that anyone who owns this product is a poor diver, but geez, less is more IMO when it comes to diving. This takes that right out the window, but hey, I'm sure several people will defend this product.

I know a few people that use this model (some instructor rated) and they all give it a high rating. Of course after spending that much money anybody will defend his choice not to look silly. Must admit, I thought the self tightening cylinder strap is really neat. :wink:

jepuskar:
Ok, I was just doing some browsing of Leisurepro and I decided to check out the BC section. I sorted by price and went to the last page, which for $1100.00 you find the below BC...the Mares Hub......there are a couple variations, but this is the most expensive one below.

I know this has been out for awhile now, but right now I just felt compelled to say...ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME???

This product is horrible for the dive industry, talk about marketing blitz....do you think Mares took it too far with this setup? It just looks like a CF! Too much going on with that thing, and I'm not even talking about the price.

:sigh:

Bring on the HUB bashers!!!!!!! :D

Airtrim hopfully means the death of the corrugated hose, apart from this bin it!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom