The Mares & Dacor HUB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boogie711 once bubbled...
Please go to the search button on the top right of your screen and do a search on HUB.

You absolutely do not want one of those things. They are fraught with problems, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them discontinued in a short while.

Not only that, you can get a top-line Reg and BC set for far less money.

Please stay away from the HUB - it's a POS.

Agreed. The HUB has to be one of the most dangerous SCUBA products ever sold.

I think the intent is good, if not the method. Its designed to get the OW divers more streamlined and organized. I personally would love to have my LPI integrated into my BC, and just have 2 buttons on my jacket. I could see the first stage being integrated as well, which would make changing tanks real simple. Maybe add on some hooks that would match up against some holes in the tank. You could also in theory integrate a backup 2nd where a bungied necklace would go, and of course integrated weights are already in use. Granted this is not a BC for tec. divers, and the regs may be crap, but for a new divers with cash to spare, the intent is in the right direction. Give it a few years, and see what happens.

I saw this, read the marketing jargon and thought, "I HAVE to have one". It looks so cool, the idea seems so sweet, and the marketing jargon makes it sound like the coolest thing ever in diving. I dive alot of thick trees and often get hung up, so I thought, "well it would be great to not have my hoses getting caught like every 2 feet"...

I went to my local dive store and my dive master almost slapped me in the face when I told him I wanted one. He said the same things everyone else says here - They are wrought with problems. To be specific, when something goes wrong, you have to send the whole unit back in. It's not like if your 1st stage needs repair you can rent a backup for like $5 or $10 - no, you are out in the woods with these.

The only reason to actually own one (if you could call it a reason) is if you travel alot and need a compact all-in-one unit.

opusscuba once bubbled...
Which is the best H.U.B.?

Scott

There are no good HUB's.

If you want a BCD *like* a HUB that doesn't have all the problems and risks of the insane hose-routing system then you could try a Mares Dragonfly. People I've talked to who have this bcd like them.

R..

OK, I am new here and have some ?'s regarding the Dacor HUB. Seems like everyone here hates the thing, has anyone that is trashing it actually dove it? I have 2 HUBs sitting here, one with the fury setup and one with the viper setup. I obtained both from some locals, used. I was thinking about keeping one and selling the other. My ? is which one should I keep if either. If neither then what can be recommended for a new BC. If I sale them then I am sure I will go with an Atomic reg setup but have no clue about a BC. My buddy dives with a backplate setup for twins. Any info or reccomendations would be great. Thanks!

that is a serious dilemma. I would suggest that you keep neither.

The answer to your BC question is in your own post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom