The Maldives (from a Wide Angle Junkie)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MJH,
I just got a Tokina 10-17 and it was all because of beautiful shots like yours. I will be shooting with a Canon T2i and hope mine come out half as nice. Really stunning shots. Thanks for sharing...more are welcomed!

I am sure you will love the 10-17mm. BKP, most of the WA are taken with my new S&S 250 Pros. IMHO for WA there is no substitute for power, lol. Also have a pair of Inon Z240s which I think are great but use them more for medium to macro work. Plus they go in the carry on.

A few more for those "just here" folks...

5588405391_49fce5712f_o.jpg

5588998744_5ee3ac1307_o.jpg

5588404553_e16979afeb_o.jpg

5587101552_48e54e29d8_o.jpg

Stunning shots and the first whale shark picture completely undermines the view that you shouldn't shoot from above. Thanks for posting them.

Oh my, these are some of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen. I want to learn to take pics like these. Wow!

I'm going to check out your website now.

Wow!

Your photographs are always a delight, and these are no exception. Thank you for sharing them!
(And I have spent some time on your website, and enjoyed it thoroughly.)

Exceptional Series you've put together OP! This makes me want to head over to the Maldives a great deal.

Only two things i saw in a couple great pictures that could have been changed: Original post numbers 5 and 6.

The mantaray I feel would've been better shot portrait with more or the reflection on the surface. Of course I don't know if that would've been possible, could've been split second and that would require being closer to the subject :D.

Number 6 a little less dead space in the top right and more coral in the bottom left would be even better!

Just my two cents!

Thanks for the input, I am a terrible judge of my own stuff. Yes the manta was one of those from the hip shots as we were drifting along waiting to be picked up.

Someone once told me nature photography is "70% being in the right place at the right time, 20% having the right lens, and 10% skill of the photographer":snorkel2:

5588404375_04999887cb_o.jpg

5588997226_4434ed2358_o.jpg

5587102238_a00ae37b67_o.jpg

5588346689_e7975f229d_o.jpg

Amazing!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom