The Maiden Voyage of the LBD on NYD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds

Contributor
Reaction score
Witness Protection Program (hiding from the MOFia)
I FINALLY got to dive in my new drysuit!:D :multi:
I'm so happy I wasn't cold! :multi: Ok so it wasn't a strenuous dive or anything but it was a dive DRY in my NEW SUIT! I met up with dbg40 and ctmax (aka the old bald guys dive club :evil: ) at Ft. Wetherill relatively early. Diesel298 is now the OFFICIAL NELD PANTY-WAISTED HOSER because he didn't bother to join us due either to fright or hangover :evil: There was a gaggle of kayakers there but not many divers in the water yet. I couldn't tell you how cold the air was but probably mid 30's. Since this was my first dry dive in the ocean I didn't really know what I needed for weighting and dbg40 graciously lent me a weight belt. My dive club was also down there and I ended up buddied with a nice photographer who was very patient with all my futzing around with my new gear. Couldn't get down at first but finally managed to descend after transferring ankle weights from my buddy. I hate being the buddy from Hell, how embarassing :blush:, my buddy was an absolute saint. Anyway once we got down the vis. was approximately 3' :rolleyes: and a big sea star was the highlight of the dive. The water temp was 42. At one point I lost my buddy and popped up by this rock and scared the daylights out of a gull that was sitting there watching the festivities. Ok so not a long or difficult dive but I stayed DRY and WARM :multi: By the time we got out of the water there were a lot of divers there and tents and trucks and buses and grills. There were a couple of other NELD folks slinking around and I met up with this guy who is now running a dive shop down here who was trained at the same place I was a million years ago and far far away. There was free clam chowder and a raffle going on so I stuck around for that. All in all lots of fun and best of all I get to go diving DRY and WARM again tomarrow :multi:
Much better than sitting in bed with a hangover watching movies despite being a cork diver, no vis, lost buddy, tank slippage and a million people taking really unflattering photos of me with "sea snakes".

mmmmm grumble grumble....
sorry all had a dasagreement with the alarm clock..
as well as being sick (not hangover induced) been trying to get over some bug all week...
in hind site im glad i didnt dive cuz i woulda felt worse, and i have to work tomorow....Gidds glad all is well and warm with the new siut... hopefully you get some mileage on it this winter....

How to get unsick: (if you are lying and have a hangover this is garunteed to make it worse :evil: )

1. Drink LOTS of water
2. Get a clove of garlic and peel it
3. Eat it raw, I don't suggest chewing more than twice
4. Chase with milk
5. Drink LOTS of tea

*snickers at the mental image of big scarey Ray daintily sipping tea*

Thank goodness she had a good day! Can you imagine if..........

I'm not feeling the least bit scowly or growly and I don't care that the vis is gonna suck tomarrow, I'm so excited :multi:
Cold water is lotsa fun when I don't go hypothermic in 20 minutes :D

ok.. its not a hangover...
i had a half of capt/coke last night thats it...
i eat lotsa garlic anyway....but not cloves. usually that minced stuff....
ive had about 1/2 gallon of milk in the last day
and even tho i havent in a few days i drink tea a few days a week.. espically in the winter...
i like that chineese tea... like ya get in the restraunt....the vinilla chi stuff is ok too....
when on dive jobs i prefer tea to coffee..
tea just makes me have to pee too much coffee get other things goin....
i can pe in a wet or hot water suit.. theres no trap door in the back.... (ill stop there im sure i got the mental image in your head)
on that note.. i think ill have some tea

It has to be a fresh clove of garlic. The idea is that the active ingredient has a very short half life so it will only kill stuff in your throat and sinuses if you bite into a clove. I've done research on this. Wasabe might also be useful for a sinus issue.

my nose isnt all stuffie, but my ears feel all congested

try a decongestant...?

well yeah
i have the nasal spray stuff too..
i had this perscription stuff that i got from the Dr. for alergies, but when it ran out and i went to get it filled. my medical ins. wouldnt cover it and it was 50 bucks....

Back
Top Bottom