the II eyes of god, II sharks, and a wwII airplane..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VBlueV

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
the II eyes of god, II sharks, and a wwII airplane..
along with doubles, II deco bottles, and II buddies..

today was my first dive to 181fsw! :D
and my IInd real dive with helium :eyebrow:

scuba and dream, rockjock3, and me dove off the west-side down to a ledge at 170fsw which drops off to 230fsw..

the "two eyes of god" are a couple large almost perfectly round skylights at the top of a cathedral archway formation at 210fsw.. i soooo wanted to shoot thru.. but my mod was only 187 :(

the two large white tip reef sharks were doing a high speed cruise at the base of the ledge.. they looked like they were on the prowl :14:

the old wwII airplane was just a bit deeper in the sand flat adjacent to the ledge.
imho.. the way it was situated.. it actually looked a lot like the corsair over in koko, but deeper at 230fsw..
it looked complete with the wings resting in the sand and the single bent prop..
here's a link to video of the wreckage by chris diving with jo filmed last month..

linked from IDH/HaTeD (Hawaii Technical Divers)..
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8756504001442150441

thanks to sherman and jay for a great dive!

edit: sorry no pics.. my camera wasn't rated for that depth..
but did i mention, viz was over 100ft :)

it's posts like these that make me wonder why I am not doing tech diving yet

jay1.JPG

jj1.JPG

ocean1.JPG

Yes, thanks to all. It was a great day. I would actually put the viz at over 150+. We could see the plane clearly at over 60fsw below us and a good 100-150 feet to the left and you could still see far beyond it. Conditions were awesome.:D

Lisa,

O.K., I'll rub it in. :chair:

Killjoy,

We don't know either. Just call Sherman when your ready.

vis to dream of!...glad that it all worked out for you all....looking at the clip - it looks like there is less of the plane left than of the Corsair - but very busy. His bubbles sounded funny too..or am I hearing things?

And another thing. It is a lot less crowded down there.

Thanks a ton to Ed (roll221) and the crew for their surface support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom