The Halcyon Eclipse single tank wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting shape on the 30# - sort of an inverted coke bottle / gibson girl / hourglass / fiddle thing going on there....

I've never had a slippage problem with my integrated STA and the singles I dive. I've dived many different sizes of cylinders - and never an issue. Why the move back to a separate STA? Just curious.

Also - what's with the "H" emblazoned on the webbing? Is that just strap covers, or is all the webbing like that?

I saw a thread at TDS featuring a timeline of the Halcyon inflators du jour...it was too funny. Yet another chapter in the saga.

K

Mo2vation once bubbled...

Also - what's with the "H" emblazoned on the webbing? Is that just strap covers, or is all the webbing like that?

Yes the H is actually part of the webbing. I seen one in the dive shop last week. They should have stuck to the plain black webbing.

I examined some of the webbing a couple weeks ago. My impression is that the new 'h'-embroidered webbing is a bit softer.

So does the new 30# Eclipse wing have a zipper to access the internal bladder or not? *looks a little confused*

Info on the new wing is now on Halcyon's site!

According to them, the inner bladder is replaceable! :) So that's a good thing.

I'd love to have one, but I just bought my 27, and I'm very happy with it. It already came with the new "H" straps which I like as well. If I wanted to go back to basic black, I can get a second generic set of webbing. :) But at least I already have the new straps.

The 27 suits my needs... and if I could, I would've gotten the Batwing instead, but they don't make those anymore.

Talked to Halcyon at DEMA. And alot of people have mentioned they liked not having to us an STA.

So they said they were listening. And it might come out like that in the future. Not a guarantee. But they said alot of people had complained about it.

The new Halycon Eclipse seems to me, has either a very different shape or my pictures are simply uside down. Why is it so ? Because of regulator part on the single tank ? How des it affect trim of the diver?

I am going to buy one and need any help. (after no replay from Oxycheq abd probably no way to buy one in Europe)

Mirek

furmirek once bubbled...
The new Halycon Eclipse seems to me, has either a very different shape or my pictures are simply uside down. Why is it so ? Because of regulator part on the single tank ? How des it affect trim of the diver?
Mirek

I was wondering about the shape of the eclipse myself. The pioneer 36 has a large bottom area while the eclipse is the opposite. I wonder if it was designed to help the diver be more heads up on the surface which i dont have a problem with on my pioneer 36lb wing. It has me wondering.

An aluminum tank floats butt-up. Having more lift on the bottom than the top of the wing is exactly wrong for diving with an AL80 for this reason. An AL80 is the most common tank.

The problem with that is a HP steel might not dive too well with that wing. I haven't dove one, so I can't say....

But this much I do know - the Oxy has no "bias", and I like it plenty with both Aluminum and steelies......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom