The Halcyon Eclipse single tank wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swordfish once bubbled...
I thought the Eclipse's inner bladder is inaccessible? Halcyon's website says it's "replaceable." Does this mean it is also PATCHAbLE (by the user)?

I asked that very question, Halcyon pretty much frown's upon the user making the repair. They want it sent back to them, I can see their point.....sorta. At any rate I just ordered my 40# eclipse wing, should be here in 1- 2 weeks.

Swordfish once bubbled...
I thought the Eclipse's inner bladder is inaccessible? Halcyon's website says it's "replaceable." Does this mean it is also PATCHAbLE (by the user)?
I don't see why it wouldn;t be patchable by the user....though any warranty may be void if the user patches it....

It is nice to see that the internal bladder is accessible for inspection though.

used in their doubles wings, and I have been told that it is, then you're going to have trouble patching it.

The problem is that the outside skin is nylon, which doesn't take patches well. The INSIDE is urethane, but there's no way to get to it to effect the repair and put a patch on the inside, which is where it has to go for it to hold, unless the puncture is real close to one of the existing holes (e.g. the inflator hose and dump)

This is the downfall of this design - the bladder is basically a throw-away if it is damaged, as an external patch will likely NOT hold.

Genesis once bubbled...
The INSIDE is urethane, but there's no way to get to it to effect the repair and put a patch on the inside, which is where it has to go for it to hold, unless the puncture is real close to one of the existing holes (e.g. the inflator hose and dump)
I was under the impression that there is a 360 degree zipper on the inside of the donut hole thing....that does not allow access???? Are we talking about the eclipse?

but on their explorer wings, while the bladder itself is accessible, that doesn't help you due to the above-mentioned problem - the bladder material ITSELF is VERY difficult to successfully patch due to Halcyon's choice of material.

The cordura-over-urethane style material is very tough, but it is also very difficult to patch from the outside, as the nylon will not form good chemical bonds with nearly all flexible adhesives.

Does anyone know where I can get a Halcyon eclipse wing online?

Here's their site, state side

Click Retailers at top, for e-mail and phone numbers;

http://www.halcyon.net/

TRIG
:)

Im in the US, but thanks for the site.

Has anyone used both the Eclipse and Pioneer wings from Halcyon, and could give us a comparison? Im still a little fuzzy about what the differences are, and Im trying to figure out which one to buy.

Back
Top Bottom