The growing cost of diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

View attachment 724747
View attachment 724748

all scuba except the bottom two shelves on the last picture...

compressor isn't visible in this picture set, nor is the service bench, tools, and stuff that can't "winter over" in the marginally heated space and is inside...

Trying to find a 5-step program....
Can I be your friend? 😂

So much scuba gear

Verizon Wireless service was down for a good bit of the day in my area. I actually had to work. 🤣😂
Apocalypse Now Marlon Brando GIF - Apocalypse Now Marlon Brando Colonel Kurtz GIFs

I am interested to hear about the cost of diving in your area. The below relates to Australia

I rarely dive locally with any of the LDS's as I have always found it expensive and the dive times restrictive. I am a photographer and they cater more towards a tourist crowd.
I have been out of the water for a bit due to pandemic/too much work & recent flooding. My free local shore diving spot is dead from the floods. So I entertained a boat dive with one of the local LDS's

Cost are
2 dive Charter: $135, dive site 5 miles from harbour you get an in water DM if you want it, water/hot soup/tea/coffee and some lollies
Tanks & weights: $34 (I use my own but fills would still cost me $25)
Max dive time allowed 50 mins including safety stop

I imagine our local dives would be somewhat similar to Palm beach diving, head out of an inlet, travel a few miles and splash

We are not a low income earning family but I find it hard to drop $320 odd bucks for the wife and I do have a morning out for a dive. This is also the cheapest dive this LDS does some range up to $235 bare charter for a 2 tank trip. I fully understand that it must be expensive to run a dive business, especially one with prime relaestate on the wharf.

What are the costs of diving like in your local area? Currently I will just save up and Dive in Bali until my local shore dive comes back to life.
Florida:
Going with 4 friends on a private dive boat in Key Largo. 2 dives, 1/2 day. Boat and Cpt= $449/5 approx $90/person plus $20 per person to tip the Cpt. We have our own equipment. My nitrox fills cost $10/tank for about 3400PSI.

Going out with a “regular” dive boat of about 18 people off Palm Beach County costs $110 for two dives. Comes with air but I use my own nitrox tanks.

I am interested to hear about the cost of diving in your area. The below relates to Australia

I rarely dive locally with any of the LDS's as I have always found it expensive and the dive times restrictive. I am a photographer and they cater more towards a tourist crowd.
I have been out of the water for a bit due to pandemic/too much work & recent flooding. My free local shore diving spot is dead from the floods. So I entertained a boat dive with one of the local LDS's

Cost are
2 dive Charter: $135, dive site 5 miles from harbour you get an in water DM if you want it, water/hot soup/tea/coffee and some lollies
Tanks & weights: $34 (I use my own but fills would still cost me $25)
Max dive time allowed 50 mins including safety stop

I imagine our local dives would be somewhat similar to Palm beach diving, head out of an inlet, travel a few miles and splash

We are not a low income earning family but I find it hard to drop $320 odd bucks for the wife and I do have a morning out for a dive. This is also the cheapest dive this LDS does some range up to $235 bare charter for a 2 tank trip. I fully understand that it must be expensive to run a dive business, especially one with prime relaestate on the wharf.

What are the costs of diving like in your local area? Currently I will just save up and Dive in Bali until my local shore dive comes back to life.
Diving Grand Cayman Friday to Wednesday. Expensive…but life is short.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom