The growing cost of diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny how none of have amortized our gear into these costs. And I mean ALL our gear, even the stuff we bought, sold... bought, kept.... use, don't use....

I don't even want to think about that and I've only been diving for five years.
I’ve got a new CCR on order - $8500 (including shipping and sales tax), and another $700 for blinky HUD and HUD mounts. That depleted the scuba fund! Good thing I just got a very nice raise.

Funny how none of have amortized our gear into these costs. And I mean ALL our gear, even the stuff we bought, sold... bought, kept.... use, don't use....

Gear is free!

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it

1653514830077.jpeg

1653514878381.jpeg

all scuba except the bottom two shelves on the last picture...

compressor isn't visible in this picture set, nor is the service bench, tools, and stuff that can't "winter over" in the marginally heated space and is inside...

Trying to find a 5-step program....

View attachment 724747
View attachment 724748

all scuba except the bottom two shelves on the last picture...

compressor isn't visible in this picture set, nor is the service bench, tools, and stuff that can't "winter over" in the marginally heated space and is inside...

Trying to find a 5-step program....
When does your episode of “hoarders” air?

I came to diving from sailing and was pleasantly surprised at how cheap diving is in comparison. Ten years on and tens of thousands spent on diving: training; kit; time driving to and from the sites; entry; hotels/hostels; boat fees; bacon sandwiches... it all mounts up.

The most expensive part of diving is taking the time off from work.

I came to diving from sailing and was pleasantly surprised at how cheap diving is in comparison. Ten years on and tens of thousands spent on diving: training; kit; time driving to and from the sites; entry; hotels/hostels; boat fees; bacon sandwiches... it all mounts up.

The most expensive part of diving is taking the time off from work.
I’m unfamiliar with that last word, what is “work”??

I feel fortunate our dive gear has been paid for decades ago. Yeah, we replace stuff here and there but between husband and I no more than the equivalent of one major piece a year, if that much. Some years not even that.

Was trying to figure the fuel we use for an outing and i don't think is more than about 20-25 gallons a day (at the very most), plus the fills. that's our (husband and i) cost to go diving for a day. I think i consume more fuel going to work during the week in the car, than the boat on weekends going diving.
Sometimes it feels we expend more money the weekends we don't go diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom