The Greater Tampa Bay Area take XVI - Home Base/Chat Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey MissD,

Claudette said to say hi! Diving was limited due to wind issues, but I posted my trip report on the two dives earler (FL Diver Does SoCal Trip Report) in the Tampa forum. I'd link to it, but I'm not smart enough to know how to do that :)

It's definitely worlds different than the springs & gulf diving I've done, but I really like SoCal. Cold water, surf, and great team diving!

In addition to the diving, I had some nice social time at dinner with Ken (Mo2vation), Claudette (HBDive Girl), their respective spouses and Peter (TS&M's husband) who was in town at the same time.

Now that I'm back, I'm ready to get diving again. I just picked up a used 10W Salvo Adjustable Focus HID, which will be here tommorow, so I need to get it in the water and test it out.

John

Sunday was a great day even with the solid 4 ft seas first dive was in 100 ft vis was 50+ ft no fish were taken on this dive but said hello to the resident octopus.Second dive was in 70 ft on m-10 vis was 10 to 15 ft .We shot some mangs 1 gag and the monster cobia estimated to be 70-80 lbs( check out the picture in the previous post). Dive 3 was in 60 ft with 5 ft of vis. another grouper and more mangs .By this time te seas has laid down to about 2 ft ,made for a nice trip back in

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom