The Great Nov 1st Donation Day!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
This has come about because I have too many clothes that don't fit for one reason or another or that I just simply don't wear. But as I started thinking about organizing things to donate, it expanded. I'm putting it in here to start as I know we are all working on making a healthier, better lifestyle so we'll all likely have some clothes that aren't working for us and we've already set some goals.

Here's what I'm doing and I hope everyone joins in - this would be so awesome to see spread through all of ScubaBoard and out into the rest of our lives, too...let's make it HUGE!

On November 1st I'm sending off my donation of clothes and household items to a charity of my choice. Going will be any and all clothes that are now too big. any and all clothes that are 3 sizes too small and all clothes that I'm just hanging on to for no reason!

I will also be donating cash...$10 for every kilo I have to go to my goal and $5 for every kilo I've lost towards my goal from 01 September. I would donate time but that isn't an option where I live.

Why November 1st? Because it's coming up to the holiday season and it gives the charities time to use whatever is donated to make some families have better Christmases and it's winter in the northern hemisphere and charities always need extra clothes, blankets etc.

So how can you join? Simple! Just add your intentions to this thread :)

You can donate money, time, clothes, toys, household goods, books ... whatever you have to give. You can set any goals or none beyond simply doing it.

So, who's with me?

Great idea! Unfortunately, I seem to have a closet full of clothes that I no longer wear. And, being home with time on my hands, I have been purging cupboards and drawers, trying to thin out the stuff that keeps accumulating. It seems that every week or so, I'm dropping off another load at the local Salvation Army store. Just this week, I narrowed down my CD collection to just one rack, and then donated the empty one, along with around 50 discs to the center. Books go to the used bookstore, for credit towards future selections. Canned food goods will be picked up by the postman after hurricane season is done, to be donated to a local food bank. Now, if only I could find a way to donate my husband's two "project" motorcycles, without him killing me.

clearing out the wardrobe is a great idea Alcina

i know a few of our draws are so stuffed its hard to open them - and i know ive not worn them in ages!

will have a look over the next few weeks

Back
Top Bottom