The great big, all-inclusive Leisure Pro note

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had very good results from them (Suunto D3, masks, liftbags and accessories) as well as from Dive Inn (regs). Never a problem, except the site is a bit slow as stated. In MD, I get stuff from them in 2 days at the most, often in one day.

Dave D

Bought a computer and downloader from LP. It didn't not come with a manufacturers warranty, but did have a LP warranty. Thankfully I haven't had to use it yet. Service and delivery was quick.

I've bought Lots of items from LP and have always been very happy with them...I got my Oceanic regs from them. a dry suit, and several smaller items...I also have used Divers Supply...
Dacor is a decent bcd..I wish I hadn't sold my nautica..
Bobb

and my "primary" dive buddy bought a full reg and computer setup from them - zero trouble.

Between myself and my friends we've bought four or five complete reg sets, several computers, a couple of wetsuits, booties, gloves, one guy bought a speargun, etc.

My only problem with them was that they sent me a small BC knife missing the latch. Obviously a manufacturing problem (it was in a SEALED box!) - they replaced it immediately without hassle and sent me a "save a dive kit" for my trouble.

If you are not sure of sizing on something like a wetsuit or BC, order multiple items (hopefully you can narrow it down to two), try them on and send the ones that don't fit back. Even with the extra postage, the cost savings is usually very favorable.

In fact, the only purchase I regret is the Transpac that an experienced, knowlegable LDS owner assured me was a perfect fit (despite my suggestion that, perhaps, it was a bit too big.) A Dive Rite employee later confirmed for me that I had bought the wrong size. I think the LDS owner assured me it was the right size because it was the size he had in his store and he wanted to get rid of it.

I go into LP after doing lots of research. I have my item selected, down to the size and the color if applicable. I tell them what I want. They give it to me and take my money. Everyone is happy. I never walk away feeling used or manipulated.

raviepoo I had the same experience at a LDS. I bought a BC that the dive shop said fit, but ended up being too big. They let me return it though which was good.

I bought my regs from leisurepro and assembled it myself. The reg was not adjusted properly (low flow) so I had the initial service done (by a different LDS) for $30. They adjusted the reg and it was fine. However, they didn't tighten all the seals and I blew an o-ring when I was going through my buddy check (buddy wiggled the seal enough pop it).

I have done many dives on the reg now and it has been fine.

buy the regs from leisurepro, put it together yourself (very simple) and then have a dive shop check it out.

I have bought a couple smaller things from LP and a reg set from Dive Inn. I bought the SPG's for both of my reg sets from LP because they were half the price of what one would be locally. I also bought a set of fins from them. The service has been great . As far as scuba pro stuff from LP when I bought my Mk25/s600 i bought it locally. After talking with the LDS owner i found out that the if I had bought it online it would have cost me a fortune to have it serviced. The price difference wasn't enough to make me buy online and I did get it at a discount.

As far as the equipment you have picked out I would consider an upgrade on the reg. I would get atleast a Mk16/R380. And if you plan to do any diving in those cold Canadian waters you should probably consider a reg that is environmentally sealed, but that is just my opinion.

I have made multiple purchases from LP. I had one faulty piece of equipment, a quick connect that leaked for an Aladin Air. I sent it back and they sent me a new one, it was about a week and a half total time.
Rent a couple different regs, you will find some that breath easier, but for the price, the MK2+/R190 is definitely a rock solid regulator. I have one and a Mk16/R380 and am very happy with both. It would be nice to have a top of the line regulator, an ATX200 or MK25, but personally I went with good new ones I could afford now, instead of continuing to rent.
It cost $45.00 for a service at my local shop, $18.00 is for the parts kit, which is what SP provides free with the warranty. I am not sure what the "Fortune" to service a reg purchased online would be. It will take about 15 years of annual services to make up the difference in price for me. - Sorry, Online vs LDS another thread :)
Finally, also check DiveInn.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom