The Florida Diver Magazine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr3d

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
[FONT=&quot]Well I am going to step out on a limb and go for it. I have decided to start a new magazine. We have most of our staff in place now and ready to start putting together content. I think that there are books and other items out there that have a ton of information on our wonderful [/FONT][FONT=&quot]State[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. But I want a magazine that has personality. Please feel free to E-mail me for information or call me @ 352-342-2129.
[/FONT]

Why not tell us a little more about it?

It it going to be printed/mailed or "online" magazine?

Monthly or quarterly publication?

what is going to be your primary focus? (besides florida). Recreational diving? tech diving? cave diving? etc.

got a website yet?

BTW... Good luck with your new venture. I look forward to seeing it.

My apologies for the lack of detail.

Full color
Quarterly
First run of 10 to 20 thousand copies.
Website to be up in very near future
Mailed to Dive Shops / Locations - website will have an option for you to subscribe.
Will be free (Ad Supported) Very limited advertising. Don’t want to take away from the purpose of the print.

We are going to try to cover all aspects of Diving. (Recreational, Tech, Cave Etc…)
Some of the books that are out there have a ton of information, and very informative.
But in my opinion they are dry. I mean they have to personality. I want interviews, and pictures of different dive ops. There have been several times that I went to Different locations not knowing what to really expect when I got there. This will be a chance to let people know what to expect and get a feel for the Dive location and operators. I could go on all day about what we are trying to accomplish. Please feel free to call or E-Mail me for any information you might need or services you might have to offer.

Curtis W.
Mr3d@cfl.rr.com
352-342-2129

My brain is still racing with ideas from last night.

What about including more of the Gulf Coast than Fl.?

algulfdiver:
What about including more of the Gulf Coast than Fl.?

I think that's why "Florida Scuba News" dropped their "florida only" distinction", so they could broaded to the gulf coast and all the other states that diving occurs in. I'm not sure how it's working for them, but I thought it was a good idea not to limit themselves.

interisting! Let me know if you need the personal lowdown on shark tooth diving at alhambra. There probably are others who have done a million more dives than me at venice but none that can describe it better than me.No offense to anyone else but I got an A in creative writing.Fact is I can describe diving in words that make you think about diving in space and visiting the moon on a crystal clear night...you and the ocean as one....

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom