The Final Word on + Ratings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was just today told by the employee at a dive shop that does on-site hydro's that there is an extra certification from the DOT that is required to provide the plus rating on a steel tank. I think he just made this up on the spot, because he looked like he had NO idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the REE specs for my tanks (I had the paperwork in hand). I would love to have the DOT regs in hand when I go back to pick up another tank that I left there for cleaning, so that I can in no uncertain terms explain to the GM why I will never spend another dollar in this shop. (Not that I think it will phase them at all, even though at the same time I purchased two new second stages.)

Also, since this place refused to even think about plus rating my tanks I need to find a place in or around Jacksonville FL that is willing to do the test right... if anybody knows of one that would be super helpful.

I was just today told by the employee at a dive shop that does on-site hydro's that there is an extra certification from the DOT that is required to provide the plus rating on a steel tank. I think he just made this up on the spot, because he looked like he had NO idea what I was talking about when I mentioned the REE specs for my tanks (I had the paperwork in hand). I would love to have the DOT regs in hand when I go back to pick up another tank that I left there for cleaning, so that I can in no uncertain terms explain to the GM why I will never spend another dollar in this shop. (Not that I think it will phase them at all, even though at the same time I purchased two new second stages.)

Also, since this place refused to even think about plus rating my tanks I need to find a place in or around Jacksonville FL that is willing to do the test right... if anybody knows of one that would be super helpful.
Was this diver's supply (given it's the only shop in jax i know of that actually hydros)?

Did you ever find a shop? I need to get a few tanks + rated.

Find Hydro shop that services fire extinguishers. Test is the same, they will probably be a fraction of what a dive shop charges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom