The elusive frogfish....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have heard they existed, but was beginning to think they were among the unicorn, or other mythical creatures! Bren spotted this fellow last Saturday, of course, the batteries on the camera were down from the long first dive.... and I needed proof. So Sunday, while Bren was cookin' up some good southern cuisine, Peter and I found it again and got a photo. Here's the little fellow....
P80653071.JPG

Nice shot. I remember the day I found my first frog fish without someone pointing it out. It's a "coming out"....

I've seen many locally but have yet to find one that someone else hasn't found first. They're certainly an oddity but they make for an even more enjoyable dive. Congrats on finding one.

Wow!! How on earth did you spot him!!! I looked all over Curacao in Feb and I never saw him LOL... Great to hear from you!! How big was he?

I saw one last week.....almost missed it had another person not pointed it out by touching it's tail. I "played" with it for about 5 minutes and then it swam back under it's rock. Pretty cool.

Mike Rushton

Great pic bro. I was also able to "crystalize" one of my few froggy encounters:

ulichnieDSC00927.jpg

What are those pictures of?

Back
Top Bottom