The elusive frogfish....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure but mine is white and from Bonaire.

I was diving off of Maui once and the DM pointed out a frogfish. WHile I was trying to get into possition to take some pics, I noticed a second one right infront of the DMs face she hadn't noticed yet. Sneaky little devils! I see them every few dives but never enough and Im sure I swim right past 100 for every one I spot.

Neat shot scubatex.

I have a bunch of different color ones in the Philippines Diving Pictures thread Charlie. That is a cool white one you have.

Here's a juvenile orange one from the Philippines. Very bright colouring usually indicates another in the area the DM told me... (there was another one, he was right).

Froggie.JPG

thepurplehammerhead:
Here's a juvenile orange one from the Philippines. Very bright colouring usually indicates another in the area the DM told me... (there was another one, he was right).

Froggie.JPG
that is A GREAT PICTURE!!!!!!! NICE SHOT BUDDY!!!!!:D

I love the frog fish, the first time I saw one it look like a big pile of mush and then we started finding the juvis and they are fun, I don't think they realize that you can see them :)

CheddarChick:
Wow!! How on earth did you spot him!!! I looked all over Curacao in Feb and I never saw him LOL... Great to hear from you!! How big was he?

I've always looked for a larger critter, guess that's why I haven't had to much luck. This one was about 3 or 4 inches long. Found him out near tugboat... well, Brenda found him! But I know what to look for NOW!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom