The Easiest Dive in the World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItsBruce:
*sigh*

BMWinSpa2.jpg

Does it count now?

And don't complain that I'm diving solo.

:popcorn:
What's wrong... did you lose your beer opener?

:rofl3:

Written by: Richard M. Sherman and Robert B. Sherman
It's a world of laughter
- A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
- And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
- That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

It's a small, small world

There is just one moon
- And one golden sun
And a smile means
- Friendship to every one
Though the mountains divide
- And the oceans are wide

It's a small, small world

shakeybrainsurgeon:
Disney is an expensive dive to be sure. However, if you are there and tired of the usual WDW crap, it's something neat to do once. As I said earlier, if you venture into WDW you are mindlessly burning cash on 5 dollar hot dogs and 10 dollar mugs shaped like jasmine's head, so why not splurge and get some easy bottom time?

How'd you know I had that mug?

Okay, seriously though... I am much more likely to get to the seabase than to Disney. It's just the nature of the job. Plus, my husband is great friend's with my BF's husband... so if we go dive he'll have someone to hang out with... (he doesn't dive).

My in-laws want us to all go to Disney to watch my neice and nephew have fun for 4 days. But, unlike every other red-blooded American... I have NO desire to go to Disney. Now that you posted this thread... it looks more attractive... but for $120 I should be able to book a 2-tank boat dive, easy (of course, not in Orlando)! When they approached us with the "Disney plan" that was my honest, immediate reaction. "Why would I want to go to Disney? If I'm going to Florida, I'm going diving."

Now I can't use that logic!

BTW the worst dive(s) I ever went on was Florida off Pompano Beach. 1/25/03... cold, cold, cold. The water was 68 degrees and the air temp was 58 degrees. Yes, in Florida. I was miserable- woefully unprepared. Had to borrow a pair of worn out gloves for the second dive. It was my first non-OW check-out dive and the experienced guy in my buddy group had 15 dives.

Should'a gone to Disney instead, right!

We were at Epcot today and visited the Living Seas to see if anyone was diving. We didn't see any divers, but the visibility was horrible in the tanks. I would be surprised if the visibility was more than 15-20 feet. I don't know what the issue was today, because it wasn't like that when we were there last year, but something/one had really stirred things up.

miketsp:
AFAIK the theoretical limit for vis in pure water due to molecular scattering is below 50m which is a lot less than 200ft.

Is that with or without the divers peeing in their shorties?

Very nice report. I've done Dive Quest twice. Highly recommended.

It's really fun to swim up the side of the tank, pop into window view and scare the heck out of the unsuspecting park goers... It's also nice to pretend to shake hands with the little kids on the other side of the glass.

trucker girl, seabase is awesome but the vis sucks right now (they have an algal bloom problem). I went last month and they were saying 3 feet but it was down to a foot a lot of the time. The only way to see the fish is to take some lettice down (reccomended, it's a lot of fun). They are reporting 4.5 feet on their website today. I might go this weekend, I can let you know if it's cleared up any. I'm not saying don't go because it is cool, but definately have low expectaions about vis (or call them first)

ns

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom