The Diving Lifestyle (for Parents)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd recommend you check out Family Dive Adventures

We recently did their trip in the grand cayman and every kid there from toddler to teenager was having a blast, I got 17 dives in 6 days, could've done more!

One option is to join a locl dive club. Our club is family friendly. We usually plan dives where someong (or a group) stays on shore to watch the kids so the husbands and wives can dive together. When we travel, we look for places that have kids programs so we get some dives together.

If you get to WI and want to do some Lake MI wreck diving, PM me.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Tom, if you are interested in doing some warm water destination diving, many resorts can arrange baby sitters/nannies. you might also consider joining a local club as there are normally others who already have working arrangements that you can emulate or share..

In my personal experience I usually lived less than an hour from local dive sites so it was very easy to sneak away for the a day or even a weekend..

Cheers,
Roger

Well... one kid turned into 3. Our oldest has a lot of anxiety, adhd, and autism spectrum...and I threw in the towel when my wife got pregnant with the third....

They are now turning 8, 11, and 13 within a month, and we did our first family airplane trip and snorkel. My 8yo swam out to the navarre beach artificial reef and she kicked around with me for a good 40 minutes over the reef. My 2 older boys did the same.

After about 8 years, I'm getting excited to start diving again. Getting all three on the plane was huge. Getting them all comfortable in the water was also huge.

I nominate this for the BEST Zombie Thread Resurrection…. Ever!

Congratulations and best fishes
<*}}}))))><
with your young divers.

I nominate this for the BEST Zombie Thread Resurrection…. Ever!

Congratulations and best fishes
<*}}}))))><
with your young divers.
Hah... yeah, I was surprised I even remembered my password...

Well... one kid turned into 3. Our oldest has a lot of anxiety, adhd, and autism spectrum...and I threw in the towel when my wife got pregnant with the third....

They are now turning 8, 11, and 13 within a month, and we did our first family airplane trip and snorkel. My 8yo swam out to the navarre beach artificial reef and she kicked around with me for a good 40 minutes over the reef. My 2 older boys did the same.

After about 8 years, I'm getting excited to start diving again. Getting all three on the plane was huge. Getting them all comfortable in the water was also huge.

A better world awaits! I've done 3 liveabooard trips w/ my kid, last time she even paid her own way 100%.

A better world awaits! I've done 3 liveabooard trips w/ my kid, last time she even paid her own way 100%.
Amazing!

I do have visions of the little one being daddy's dive buddy.

She never wants to leave the water...

Attachments

• 20230803_140400.jpg
    20230803_140400.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 21

Back
Top Bottom