The "Divemaster" thread ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Pablo and Nivo, DM & Captain for Blue XT Sea Diving. Both are very Experienced and Professional and Highly recommended for Novice and Experienced Divers.

Jorge at Blue Angel is my favorite DM. There are plenty other good ones, but I dive with Jorge whenever I can.

Jose at Blue Angel, especially if you like macro life. For Captain, Alberto for his amazing skill at the job.

Just flying back right now from a great week of diving in Cozumel. Jorge is awesome, and as stated now at Tres Pelicanos. Servando who has been at Tres Pelicanos since the beginning is also a fabulous dive master, and also does instruction. The boat captain Chan Fran is pretty good, and he told me he's been a captain for over 20 years. Always there quickly to pick you up, and knows how to handle the dive gear very well.

FYI, Jorge is no longer working at Blue Angel, he is now at Tres Pelicanos.
That must be fairly recent. I just waved to him on our SI less than a week ago when he was on the Chicimax (sp?)

Talk to Jorge at Blue Angel. You'll find a story or two there but don't believe any about me.
Dove with Jorge at Tres Pelicanos on the Skinny Shark this morning, and yes he is a great DM

Last edited:
Sounds like I'll be adding another op to the list I've used. Hoping to dive with Jorge on my upcoming trip.

FYI, Jorge is no longer working at Blue Angel, he is now at Tres Pelicanos.

thought so, thankx Matt

---------- Post added January 18th, 2014 at 03:00 PM ----------

Jose at Blue Angel, especially if you like macro life. For Captain, Alberto for his amazing skill at the job.

Jorge is great, he let's you "dive your dive" as long as you keep the profile and rules of road.

I love the guy and am a little torn over his move, but totally understand it. Disappoints me more that I wasn't able to dive with him on our last trip due to dive shop scheduling. But he has moved on to, what I have been able to discern is a very good dive op. Good for him, he will bring them a lot of new business.

But, Jose is the best overall DM at Blue Angel in my humble opinion, he finds the smallest stuff!! is very safe, keeps a good eye on everyone while finding critters & is a great diver, but I'd jump in the water with any of the group at BA, they all do a great job.

Alberto has been suiting me up, dropping me off, picking me up, pulling my equipment out of the water & putting up with me and my seasickness for over a half dozen years now. Always there, always helpful and a great sailor (boat's man), he's the best.

My favorite "Instructor" if you can break the DM 'guide' job from the 'teaching' job is Matt (Mateo Moran), and sure this is a little cheerleading because he's also a friend, but I've loved diving with Matt for years before we became friends, and have observed him both at the shop and in the water with students and he's great. I'm not a certificate collector, but if I ever did take any more classes, it would be from Matt.

Good job all! Keep it up! Favorite DM/Instructor and Captain ...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom