The "Divemaster" thread ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dario at Aldora is a great DM. Julio ay Aldora is also very good, but I understand he is in Asia for a while, though he plans to return to Aldora. All of the captains at Aldora have been good, but Marcelo stands out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thought so, thankx Matt

---------- Post added January 18th, 2014 at 03:00 PM ----------

My favorite "Instructor" if you can break the DM 'guide' job from the 'teaching' job is Matt (Mateo Moran), and sure this is a little cheerleading because he's also a friend, but I've loved diving with Matt for years before we became friends, and have observed him both at the shop and in the water with students and he's great. I'm not a certificate collector, but if I ever did take any more classes, it would be from Matt.

Good job all! Keep it up! Favorite DM/Instructor and Captain ...
AND he makes a great pizza

Edgar Perez Vargas who has been with aldora for many years. He took us to Edgar's Reef this week. Three black tip reef sharks cruising above us, while a squadron of NINE eagle rays made two fly bys less than 50 feet in front of us. Other divers in our group promised to share the pics when they return from their trip. Edgar moves slower than slow, has amazing vision for distance sightings. He can always deliver on the easy stuff like toad fish, seahorses, pygmy pipehorses, and other requests. He is also a star player on Cozumel's soccer team, which always makes the national playoffs, and has won the international world games.
Gaspar is a competent captain and earned my total respect on a past trip after following us for over 5 kilometers in very choppy water on the reefs up north, and kept track of us.

We dove with a relief captain named Andre while we were at the Blue Angle back in October. He was a great Capitan. My DM's would be Jorge and Jose. I mainly like Jorge for his personality and love of diving while Jose is the macro king and does not mind to show you the little boogers he finds.

Edgar Perez Vargas who has been with aldora for many years. He took us to Edgar's Reef this week. Three black tip reef sharks cruising above us, while a squadron of NINE eagle rays made two fly bys less than 50 feet in front of us. Other divers in our group promised to share the pics when they return from their trip. Edgar moves slower than slow, has amazing vision for distance sightings. He can always deliver on the easy stuff like toad fish, seahorses, pygmy pipehorses, and other requests. He is also a star player on Cozumel's soccer team, which always makes the national playoffs, and has won the international world games.
Gaspar is a competent captain and earned my total respect on a past trip after following us for over 5 kilometers in very choppy water on the reefs up north, and kept track of us.

I did the same dive with Edgar. We saw the black tip sharks and the squadron of Eagle Rays. We did have one bonus though as we were hunkering down watching the Eagle Rays glide by, as we looked down there was a seahorse right in front of us. He was excellent as was all the captains with Aldora.

Besides Edgar. Liang and Dario Of Aldora divers are great!!! One thing about Liang's boat is it seems like everyone is smiling and happier when she's around. I like happy people boats.
In no particular order... Aldora Divers Captains- Angel, Marcello, Gaspar and Luis have been taking good care of us over the years. Newish (to Aldora) Jose is fitting in. Plus the always helpful, happy, smiling deckhand (on Felicity) and east side captain: Chino.

Last edited:
I dive with Blue magic Scuba they are all great, but Pumba(Enrique), and Cpt Jack Sparrow(Juan Carlos) are my favorite.....

Raul Platas, DM and owner - Bottom Time Divers. We've dived with him for about 15 years. He is fantastic at finding things especially small, always reliable, loves diving and hates lionfish.

+1

Plus he's a great guy to talk with during the SI's. He usually stays on the boat and talks with his clients.

Can't go wrong with Raul!

PH

Back
Top Bottom