The Dilemma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... a local bar that plays loud electronic music on random nights of the week.
Which one? There's the one south of the hotel on the other side of the street that sets up in the parking lot, and there's the other one on the same side of the street north of the hotel at the Caletita. The one to the north is farther away but it is louder. Earplugs help.

noise from the road at night
It is close to the road, and the noise is probably heard the worse on the ground floor, but running the AC helps.

It is close to the road, and the noise is probably heard the worse on the ground floor, but running the AC helps.
I usually stay on the ground floor at BA; the street noise never bothers me. The pounding Electronica from down the street, not so much. Earplugs.

I occasionally encounter the same thing at home from a dance club a mile away across a major highway. How anyone can feel entitled to set up a huge sound system and run it until 4AM or later oblivious to what it is doing to the sleep patterns of everyone around them mystifies me. Fortunately, the police have been pretty responsive, though for a while a couple of years ago they knew me by the phone number I was calling from. Yeah, it's me again... :D

Which one? There's the one south of the hotel on the other side of the street that sets up in the parking lot, and there's the other one on the same side of the street north of the hotel at the Caletita. The one to the north is farther away but it is louder. Earplugs help.

I have no clue where it is, I never cared enough to find out. Sounds like the same one you mentioned here recently?

Like I said, I was fine watching a movie on my computer, with the AC on. But that could really disrupt someone who is a light sleeper or easily disturbed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom