The death of George Harrison

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I woke up this morning at turned on the 6 AM news. There it was.. I screamed out to my husband, already upstairs making breakfast. My boys heard it too. Another beloved Beatle gone to this world. But, in his eyes just " Moved on to the next world". " A path we will all take".
I've been a fan of the Beatles since I was 9 years old, and heard, " I want to hold your Hand" on the radio. A sad day today. Close to as sad, or maybe even equal to, the day John Lennon died.
Any other Beatle fans out there?
:sunny:

It is a sad day indeed. The radio station I listen to is doing the remembering GH thing today, playing his music, interviews and discussing different stories that have been told over the years.

Flashbacks to high school when they first came out. Anchoring myself to a chair on a Sunday night to watch their first appearance on Ed Sullivan.

The father of a high school buddy worked for Capitol Records at the time when they hit the USA airwaves, naturally there were plenty of novelty items available for marketing, of which he gave us the ever famous Beetle wigs to wear. We did, such humiliation, but fun.

A sad day for sure, but the music will live forever, RIP GH.

A very sad day indeed.

GH, you will be missed.

;-0

~SubMariner~

When the idolds you had when you were young are gone, and you can't relate to over 90% of today's music, you know your'e getting old.

I am not a great Beatles fan, but they did change the way we listen to music.

May you join the great rock band in the sky GH.

Ari

How many of us screwed up the needles on our turntables trying to play the records backward to see if it really said "I buried Paul"?

How many of you know what a record is??!!

A lot of us always held out hope for a Beatles reunion, at least with Julian Lennon taking his dad's place. I guess that one's gone also.

I saw the Beatles in 1964 (I think) at Olympia Stadium in Detroit. As far as concerts go, it was pretty awful! From the minute they were announced, the only thing you could hear was screaming-no music at all. You could see medics carry away people who had passed out, underwear being thrown on the stage, it was really nuts.

GH was really a talented person, although never fully recognized in my opinion. Did you know he taught John Lennon to play the guitar? He also produced Monty Python's Life of Brian.

I'll certainly miss him, as will millions of others.

Thanks for the great music and memories, George.

I was only twelve and the Beatles were the greatest thing I'd ever heard, even until today. The Beatles are the best. The music died ;-0 just a little more yesterday... :tree:Bob

GH was really a talented person, although never fully recognized in my opinion. Did you know he taught John Lennon to play the guitar?

Wrong - John Lennon & Paul McCartney were members of a group called 'The Quarrymen' - occasionally George Harrison used to stand in for their guitarist (he was 2 years younger than Lennon and 1 younger than McCarthney @ college) until he got adopted fully into the band so he DID NOT teach Lennon guitar.

He also produced Monty Python's Life of Brian.

Again. incorrect - he once WROTE a letter to the team saying how much he enjoyed the show but he DID NOT produce the series

Glad to see he now played for The Beatles and not The Beetles.

Headsup,

When George met John Lennon, Lennon was playing a 3 string guitar, and not doing it well at all. George was the one who sat down with him and taught him to play "the right way".

As for "Life of Brian"-he did produce the MOVIE. I don't know if he was involved in the series or not.

As for "Life of Brian"-he did produce the MOVIE. I don't know if he was involved in the series or not. [/B]

Erm - actually, he didn't - HERE is one of many sites that refute that - Terry Gilligan directed and produced Life Of Brian

As for teaching Lennon guitar - try and find the video showing Lennon & McCartney - PRE Beatles as the Quarrymen

Harrison WAS a talented guy but he was NOT the seminal Beatle and lets not overstate his influece

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom