The coolest thing you ever saw on a dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great Pictures and Stories everyone. I Love the one of the dolphin lying down beside the scooter...too cute!! I would have to say my most memorable critter experience is from a dive in Mexico we did at cabo pulmo reef. There was so many amazing creatures and schools of fish to check out, but the one thing that totally rocked was when about a 30ft whale shark just came cruising along right by us, he then made a u turn and swam back by us again just kind of checking things out, just to see something so big yet gentle in the water just cruising around was totally awesome..

I've been trying to come across one of these for a long time now.

Alba%201%20real.JPG

i would probably say the moon from 60' down on a night dive last year. you could not ask for a clearer bright night for a dive, I nav'd back to shore without a flashlight (yes I could see my compass).

An elephant!

Just kidding, but it could happen. By the way, don't ever tell non-divers you see elephants when you go scuba diving

nhm-wildilfe-photographer-of-the-ye.jpg
[/IMG]

More graceful and in better shape than the typical mainland vacation diver I see! :lotsalove:

I think the coolest thing I've ever seen on a dive was a large tiger grouper hunting with an eel in the daytime.

Moray_Grouper_001.jpg

That eel was over six feet long to give some perspective.

A close second is the Jewfish I use as my Avatar. It just was hanging out in the sand, and was very friendly in a fishy way.

I love to watch octopus change colors, but the coolest thing I saw was a dolphin which was swimming right with us for about 10 min and only about 10 feet away, I have seen them many times on the surface swimming with the boat but underwater... it was awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom