The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got some help finding the seahorsies today. Thanks, Jim. Decided to try my luck with video with them today. Staying in West Palm this weekend. If someone would like to give me a tutorial for improving my video editing. . . It *may* be that I got some decent video of the pair today. Has to rank as one of my best dives, ever. I'm *completely* addicted to this hobby at this site.

Gonna head back out tomorrow. Just learnt from Mark at Force E that the "wall" by the channel is *not* the end of the dive area. Tells me that I can also dive on *other* side of that wall, and that there are pilings beyond that which separate us from the channel. (Explains why I misled miss Jet - sorry about that). Also tells me there might be some good stuff to see over yonder. I'll be easy to find in that area tomorrow between noon and 2 or so. :D

Kevin
When it looks like this...

channelmarkings_10111101.jpg

It's time to stop

Good to see you Kevin,
Hope the video comes out. My images were a bit soft due to the cloudy water but it was still a lovely dive...I spent 48 minutes with the seahorses ...time sure flies. Hope they weren't too stressed. I think I'll leave them alone for awhile.
Hope to see you there again soon.

Attachments

• Seahorses together.jpg
    Seahorses together.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Together.jpg
    Together.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 47
I'll be there tomorrow before heading down to Joyster's for Cuban theme dinner!

Got some help finding the seahorsies today. Thanks, Jim. Decided to try my luck with video with them today. Staying in West Palm this weekend. If someone would like to give me a tutorial for improving my video editing. . . It *may* be that I got some decent video of the pair today. Has to rank as one of my best dives, ever. I'm *completely* addicted to this hobby at this site.

Gonna head back out tomorrow. Just learnt from Mark at Force E that the "wall" by the channel is *not* the end of the dive area. Tells me that I can also dive on *other* side of that wall, and that there are pilings beyond that which separate us from the channel. (Explains why I misled miss Jet - sorry about that). Also tells me there might be some good stuff to see over yonder. I'll be easy to find in that area tomorrow between noon and 2 or so. :D

Kevin
The other side of the wall is one of my favorite areas at BHB. It will silt up fast though if there is a flock of students passing by. It's narrow there next to the pilings, and the divers will stack up. Wish instructors wouldn't take their classes through that passage...I always end up getting kicked or somebody tangled up in my flag.

The other side of the wall is one of my favorite areas at BHB. It will silt up fast though if there is a flock of students passing by. It's narrow there next to the pilings, and the divers will stack up. Wish instructors wouldn't take their classes through that passage...I always end up getting kicked or somebody tangled up in my flag.

I have to agree that it is a fantastic spot and one can spend the whole dive there. Saw a lot of sharp tailed eel there on Wednesday
That being said...it is a great place for students to travel through. I tell mine that if they can get through without touching anything they are ready for the boat dive!
I don't take them through until I'm fairly sure their skills will allow them to succeed.

Nothing worse than the silt could of students passing. Some of those classes are huge! Tough for even good divers not to touch anything when a wall of students pass through..

Rant ON:

Jenny, you couldn't have said it better. The lack of awareness of divers at the BHB is disturbing. Which is disturbing the area.....and me. We were literally shoved out of the way when a diver (I'll call her Manatee, for obvious reasons) wanted to take a pic of a seahorse with her $20 camera. Now I'm all for taking pics of cool stuff, but damn........

I have 2 words: Situational Awareness!!!!

Rant OFF.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom