The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope it clears up for Sunday.... I'll be down there playing with my camera...

Another front blowing through Sunday.

I hope it clears up for Sunday.... I'll be down there playing with my camera...
Santa just brought Krista a wide angle lens for her G2. I'm sure she will want to test it soon :wink:

I took matters into my own hands for myself... I found dual Sea & Sea YS-120 strobes (used) for my setup (or possibly a used DSLR setup... just have to wait and see on that one)

Flying gurnards? FLYING GURNARDS? In Florida? Oh, my goodness, they are one of my favorite things ever, and the only place I have ever seen them was in Indonesia.

You guys do realize that this thread is absolutely inspiring me?

I will be there for Errol's GUE thing in February -- we have dives set up for Friday through Sunday, but Monday and Tuesday, we may be looking for local company.

BHP is the first place I saw a Flying Gurnard, Sea Horse, Pipe Fish, Batfish, etc., etc. It's a wonderful place.

The Gurnards are regular suspects at the Bridge.

Interestingly enough, I don't recall that I have seen them in the ocean except for night dives. The Bridge on the other hand, I've seen them in large numbers during the day.

Man, I had some time today to go through this thread, and I can't BELIEVE the variety of critters that people have found at this site (especially when you watch the videos, which don't make it look particularly pretty).

I would definitely be very, very grateful for some local help and guidance when we dive there. I'm not sure of our plans yet, but as soon as I know what we are actually doing, I'll post here and see if we can line up some dive companions. What a rich place to visit! And thank all of you for posting pictures and dive reports, to get a visitor excited about this site.

Man, I had some time today to go through this thread, and I can't BELIEVE the variety of critters that people have found at this site (especially when you watch the videos, which don't make it look particularly pretty).

I would definitely be very, very grateful for some local help and guidance when we dive there. I'm not sure of our plans yet, but as soon as I know what we are actually doing, I'll post here and see if we can line up some dive companions. What a rich place to visit! And thank all of you for posting pictures and dive reports, to get a visitor excited about this site.
Careful... You're being lured in by the "dark side". Before you know it, you are skipping out of work early to make the tide. Next, any camera will do as long as you can get the picture. Then, You're scheduling 1200 mile trips because someone mentioned Eagle Rays... Now, you've figured out how to dive the site for 3+hours on a single tank...

Once that happens, you are an official bridge troll and you just have to have all the shirts and gear that go along with that... It's a slippery slope you are heading for...:wink:

Well, in my case, it would be more like 3000 mile trips . . . and the bridge would always have to compete with the caves :)

But I am looking forward to exploring the place!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom