The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I may have posted this question in the wrong BHB thread; I am new to the board. Let me post it here.

I am going to take a trip to BHB Saturday afternoon, it has been a while since I have been on this site, how is the bridge construction affecting the dive? Do you guy have new favorite places to explore now that the construction is ongoing?

I'm from Seattle and travelling to Palm beach over the week-end. I was planning on going on charters in the Jupiter area but at least for Saturday this might not work.

I've very interested in diving BHB from all the pictures I've seen. Anyone going this week-end (pref Saturday) and wouldn't mind me tagging along, or anyone willing to show a visiting diver the site? I often do the same for visiting divers to the Puget Sound.

Yea, the lobster guy told me an engine pump began to leak on the Sumar... They supposedly have the replacement pipe and are going to try to float it back up... But I still don't understand what happened to the Mirror Boat?

Headed down there now for high tide

You don't see lobsters there because one of the residents who lives on a boat catches them and eats them.

I have seen him swim down and tip them back over after some divers put them right-side up.

If what you say is true, it's almost poetic justice that his boat sank!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Maybe the lobsters pulled it under.... course all that growth underneath couldn't have been good..

Shorediver, Ben- go to Jammin' Beach Presents Florida Shore Diving for the tides. Get in about 45 min before high tide for the longest dive. Bridge construction is still going on on the east span, so you are limited to the boats and the west span. Everybody has their favorite places, no way to make a list. Besides when somebody posts something like "my favorite place is where there is a frog fish on the forth pole in from piling," the collectors descend and take the critter.
Make sure you have a dive flag.
Hope this helps.

You don't see lobsters there because one of the residents who lives on a boat catches them and eats them.

I have seen him swim down and tip them back over after some divers put them right-side up.

I had forgotten but recently saw 3 little lobs in all the growth on the bottom of the Sumar--maybe they grew and sank the boat!!:eyebrow:

Shorediver, Ben- go to Jammin' Beach Presents Florida Shore Diving for the tides. Get in about 45 min before high tide for the longest dive. Bridge construction is still going on on the east span, so you are limited to the boats and the west span. Everybody has their favorite places, no way to make a list. Besides when somebody posts something like "my favorite place is where there is a frog fish on the forth pole in from piling," the collectors descend and take the critter.
Make sure you have a dive flag.
Hope this helps.

Are the boats straight out from the beach?

Are the boats straight out from the beach?

Yea, some of the boats have been there longer and have some growth and a bunch of critters hanging out below.

The Sumar is floating once again... And again, there was a silty cloud that came in just prior to high tide again, and simultaneously that school of fish (mullet... white fish???) came in by the dozens.

The mirror is back on the boat, but it still missing some pieces:no: ... I'm gonna bring my cam tomorrow and see if I can freedive and take some decent shots:wink:

Not to switch topics... but, to switch topics...

Go from the eye of the seahorse directly right over to the body and the clump of white on the body...
seahorse100705_02_01.jpg

Here is a close up of that clump. If I were a betting man, I would bet the seahorse is growing a anemone...

seahorse100705_02_03.jpg

Anyone know what that growth is?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom