The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got into the water with my new rig for the first time. I used Auto settings for all shots and no strobe. I just wanted to see what the camera could do before messing with settings and the strobes...

Hmmm... I think I might just keep the rig and work with it...

Shot some test shots on the way out... This is the very first shot underwater with the new rig
1stshotwitha570is1005151.jpg

Some more test shots
test1005152.jpg

wreck1005151.jpg

wreck1005152.jpg

Next... some of the shots that came out during the dive...

I got into the water with my new rig for the first time. I used Auto settings for all shots and no strobe. I just wanted to see what the camera could do before messing with settings and the strobes...

Shot some test shots on the way out... This is the very first shot underwater with the new rig

Some more test shots
test1005152.jpg

wreck1005151.jpg

wreck1005152.jpg

What rig are you using?

Attack of the killer Arrow Crab!
arrowcrab1005151.jpg

A Bullnose Ray out sanding himself
bullnoseray1005155.jpg

bullnoseray1005153.jpg

bullnoseray1005152.jpg

This juvenile Grey Angelfish was the size of my fingernail
juvigreyangel1005151.jpg

I think this Pipefish was getting mad at the number of shots I was taking...
pipefish1005155.jpg

pipefish1005154.jpg

pipefish1005153.jpg

The ever-elusive KBeckfish (With her brand new camera!)
kbeck1005151.jpg

Finish it off with some Octos and a nine-arm Starfish
commonocto1005151.jpg

commonocto1005152.jpg

commonocto1005153.jpg

ninearmstar1005151.jpg

----
It feels good to be back in the water with a rig in my hands! I was starting to get a twitch without a camera... twisting and turning to point things out to people... lol

What rig are you using?
My SeaLife DC600 died in January.

I bought a Canon Powershot A570 IS with Ikelite housing Nemrod was selling here on the board...

The camera itself can be purchased on eBay for around $70-80 now, so I have available replacements for now.

I agree that these are great shots. I especially liked the wreck and the close-up of the octopus eye. This demonstrates that you can get some very nice shots with modest equipment and ambient light. What makes these good is the skill of the photographer, not expensive equipment.

wreck1005152.jpg

He's BAAAAACK Yeah Great shots Jim. I've missed seeing your photos & now we can see some from Krista too.

Welcome back we missed your great shots

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom