The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went up to the Blue Heron Bridge to check out the meshugeneh divers who thought a Saturday night dive in 50-somethingF temperatures would be fun.

I arrived after the divers had entered the water and spent time talking with Steven, ?Michelle?, and Chuck from the Meetup Lake Mary Scuba Club who were serving as ground crew. I had a great time chatting them. Their group had come down early Saturday and dove during the day with Underwaters Explorers out of Boynton Beach. They said they had a great time and that the water temps were in the mid 70sF. Sweeeeeeet.

There were at least a dozen divers participating in the festivities at the BHB. Eventually a trio of divers, their red tank lights aglow, emerged from the waters at the east side of park. Steven said that water temp was 68 and, with the difference in the air temps, the fog was rolling over the water and around the boats docked offshore.

I hope the group had a good time diving and a safe trip back home. It was a pleasure chatting with you folks.

A night dive (under a full moon of course) at the BHB is definitely on my to-do list. Once the air temps get back into the 70sF.

I was frickin' freezing when I got in my car to drive home. Mr. Scott, set the seat warmers to full power.

I looked through the first ten pages of this post and can see what a macro heaven BHB is. Can anyone recommend pet friendly accomodations near by? I would love to dive there maybe July 4th weekend and then head over to the Oriskany.

I looked through the first ten pages of this post and can see what a macro heaven BHB is. Can anyone recommend pet friendly accomodations near by? I would love to dive there maybe July 4th weekend and then head over to the Oriskany.

Not sure if they are pet-friendly, but one of the closest motels I'd feel safe staying in: Super 8 North Palm Beach. There are others a bit further away; if that one doesn't work for you, just shout again and I'll try to point you the right direction. In general, you just want to avoid anything with the city "Riviera Beach" in the address......

I think it will be a good site when you are finished.

Good start to the website. Maybe a prominent note on the home page regarding the "no-collecting" rules?

I plan on getting a picture of the sign and adding it on the site with the info, thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom