The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Report: East Span, 2/11/10

Hello Nekked Diver - BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, still no wetsuit !

Bridge construction condition: East Span...

I don't think the dying sponges has to do with the construction, my guess is it's because of the extended colder water temp but I don't know for sure. This sponge is not under the bridge, it's just south of the bridge. And the tarp isn't close enough to have damaged it. Unless it's preventing it from getting nutrients ?? I don't know but there does not appear to be "structural damage" to this sponge.

Attachments

• Jan 24 sponge damage-1.jpg
    Jan 24 sponge damage-1.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 71
  • sponge damage 2-1.jpg
    sponge damage 2-1.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 65
Thanks to everyone for posting the recent pictures. Is DOT allowing diving under the eastern span while they are working on it?

This isn't going into any video soon. I was getting the settings correct at the beginning of my dive and the video is jerky while I verified all settings...

On the other hand, this is 28 seconds of a Bumblebee Shrimp at BHB

Is Force E hosting a night dive on 2/27?
There will be a full moon.

Is Force E hosting a night dive on 2/27?
There will be a full moon.

I don't think so at this time, Deep Six out of Jensen is
Deep Six Jensen Hello BHB divers! Deep Six Dive Centers will be leading NIGHT DIVES starting next month- Anyone interested should call the Jensen location for more info- 772-692-2747. Ask for Steve

It can be difficult when you dive with new divers.

Here's a bit of video from BHB today. I sure hope this guy gets the message about not stirring up the bottom

It can be difficult when you dive with new divers.

Here's a bit of video from BHB today. I sure hope this guy gets the message about not stirring up the bottom

:rofl3: Jim Too funny . You got me on the lead in. I was hoping it wasn't anyone I knew!! Wish I knew this guy-Manny is a great free diver even if he does stir things up.

:uwphotographer: (me tomorrow)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom