The Cave The movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photohikedive:
the movie had potential. the creatures being the root of mans vision of demons. the lava vents spawning the image of hell. but, having the creatures be mutants, thats where they completely jumped the shark

I thought they lost it when the first group was trapped in the cave in and the jump to current times was made. I did not care a rip for any of the characters. Stoopid dialogue, etc.

Add to that I would think caves in the Carpathian Mts would be cold and the water would be as well. My knowledge of caves in that area, not extensive, is they tend to be very dark material and narrow rather than light colored rock and wide open with stalagmites and 'tites', etc.

Anywho, if the water is cold in those caves, I doubt they'd be using wetsuits and walking around with t-shirst, no shirt, tank-tops, shorts, but perhaps I am mistaken.

The Cave is a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Green_Manelishi:
Anywho, if the water is cold in those caves, I doubt they'd be using wetsuits and walking around with t-shirst, no shirt, tank-tops, shorts, but perhaps I am mistaken.

The Cave is a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10.

yeah, they blew it on many details, which is sad. from the looks of it, they had a wealth of knowledge in the people that were just carrying gear! I had bad feelings about it, when in all the interviews, the dive pros would be hessitant to talk about the movie itself, and just spoke to the filming.

Green_Manelishi:
Well I am relieved that I've not rented the moovie.

Sounds like an U/W version of The Thing or The Relic.

Don't start raggin' on The Thing. What was everyone else who didnt like the movie looking for? an oscar nominee? it was a fun summer movie, thats it. I thought it was good eye candy for what it was.

photohikedive:
I often wonder why divers don't make movies? Don't say it can't be done. Look at the Blair Witch Project, a very cheaply done movie, by a group of kids. There must be people on this forum (this leads to another question for another post..) that film shorts. Documetary type work, something more than just vacation footage. With as many diverse skills as there are among the diving community, there must be someone out here that could write a better screen play.

I just read the book, Shadow Divers. There is a story that could be made into a movie. It had action, drama, mystery. Of course, if Hollywood got it, they would botch it. But I am sure a decent script could be made from the bones of it.

Of course, there may already be people here making short movies. Some Sundace Festival type works, at the very least something for the different dive conventions. If so, is there a central place where these could be found? A website that specializes in promoting amatuer underwater film makers?

I've thought about this before too. Every sport to pseudosport has documentary/exposure videos done really well. Snowboarding collectively almost has more video releases than Lion's Gate. They probably actually do. I saw a video on professional frisbee. I think we can do better than that.

ThatsSomeBadHatHarry:
Don't start raggin' on The Thing. What was everyone else who didnt like the movie looking for? an oscar nominee? it was a fun summer movie, thats it. I thought it was good eye candy for what it was.

I actually liked "The Thing". :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom