The Cave The movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA:
Actually, I went back to the beginning of the movie to see who the tatoo belonged to because the movie sucked so bad I lost track. It belonged to the guy who blew open the grate in the 1980s. The tatoo was U S S F or V S S F.

Ok that's more realistic, in terms of movie type dna transformation ... otherwise I thinking the leader didn't transform fast enough if one of his party was THAT completely changed. If that was the case, they needed to spend more time with some sort of really cool dna morphing.

Talon:
I noticed that also. The wife and I keep laughing about it. We just assumed they were carrying a portable generator and 100 gallons of gas to recharge their equipment with :)

Matter of fact, anyone notice that they didn't carry multiple scooters on their first venture into the cave. It was what - a 12 hour journey to the first location. How many scooters do you know that last that long.

Aren't there some scooters that have that type of battery life? Also in that extreme setup, they run fiber optics, any chance they also run some sort of electrical or DC wire runs too? Ok extreme but after all it's a completely unrealistic movie. Also someone tell me how that DPV explodes like that and rocks the whole cave system? Where did all that gas come from?

Green_Manelishi:
Well I am relieved that I've not rented the moovie.
the "making of" extra at the end is worth the rental fee. i especially liked the ice berg diving footage.

Green_Manelishi:
I am relieved I have not watched that movie either.

I read the book. I've read most of the books by that author. Wish I could remember his name. 45 years of age and residual N2 narcosis is a baaaaad ... :D

The Relic was written by Lincoln Child and Douglas J. Preston. Good team, they have written several really good books together.

That was one of the worst movies ever. Not more than 5 minutes into it someone ditches their gear to shimmy through a tiny opening while doing a marathon breath hold. Later we get rebreathers with 24 hour dive times, HID lights that burn constantly for several days, said lights also have unbreakable bulbs, scooters that explode in a ball of fire... Wetsuits instead of dry on a 2 week cave dive? The creatures were terrible. There was no character building at the beginning of the movie and I was actually hoping they all died before they made it out. I was even willing to go in myself and finish off anyone that looked like they might survive.

The only thing worth a darn was the Special Features part about filming the caves but most of that I had already seen on a video about following an underwater spring in Florida that the crew made. The cave diving footage was very brief and did not even come close to the quality of the documentary about Florida springs.

I would watch Open Water 2 more times before I would even think about considering watching this movie again, and then I would watch Open Water a third time as a punishment for having such thoughts. If there was still any part of me that wanted to see it again I would gouge out my eyes with a soup spoon.

Joe

Sideband:
That was one of the worst movies ever. Not more than 5 minutes into it someone ditches their gear to shimmy through a tiny opening while doing a marathon breath hold. Later we get rebreathers with 24 hour dive times, HID lights that burn constantly for several days, said lights also have unbreakable bulbs, scooters that explode in a ball of fire... Wetsuits instead of dry on a 2 week cave dive? The creatures were terrible. There was no character building at the beginning of the movie and I was actually hoping they all died before they made it out. I was even willing to go in myself and finish off anyone that looked like they might survive.

The only thing worth a darn was the Special Features part about filming the caves but most of that I had already seen on a video about following an underwater spring in Florida that the crew made. The cave diving footage was very brief and did not even come close to the quality of the documentary about Florida springs.

I would watch Open Water 2 more times before I would even think about considering watching this movie again, and then I would watch Open Water a third time as a punishment for having such thoughts. If there was still any part of me that wanted to see it again I would gouge out my eyes with a soup spoon.

Joe

Wow in comparison with the movie, this is worth an oscar, thanks for a funny and completely accurate synopsis!

I often wonder why divers don't make movies? Don't say it can't be done. Look at the Blair Witch Project, a very cheaply done movie, by a group of kids. There must be people on this forum (this leads to another question for another post..) that film shorts. Documetary type work, something more than just vacation footage. With as many diverse skills as there are among the diving community, there must be someone out here that could write a better screen play.

I just read the book, Shadow Divers. There is a story that could be made into a movie. It had action, drama, mystery. Of course, if Hollywood got it, they would botch it. But I am sure a decent script could be made from the bones of it.

Of course, there may already be people here making short movies. Some Sundace Festival type works, at the very least something for the different dive conventions. If so, is there a central place where these could be found? A website that specializes in promoting amatuer underwater film makers?

Shadow Divers movies is ALREADY in production at Hollyweird.

Michael

photohikedive:
I often wonder why divers don't make movies? Don't say it can't be done. Look at the Blair Witch Project, a very cheaply done movie, by a group of kids. There must be people on this forum (this leads to another question for another post..) that film shorts. Documetary type work, something more than just vacation footage. With as many diverse skills as there are among the diving community, there must be someone out here that could write a better screen play.

I just read the book, Shadow Divers. There is a story that could be made into a movie. It had action, drama, mystery. Of course, if Hollywood got it, they would botch it. But I am sure a decent script could be made from the bones of it.

Of course, there may already be people here making short movies. Some Sundace Festival type works, at the very least something for the different dive conventions. If so, is there a central place where these could be found? A website that specializes in promoting amatuer underwater film makers?

Last night I watched a borrowed copy.
Man am I ever glad I did not pay to see that waste.

Now to borrow a copy of that movie with Jessica Alba. I hope it's better.

the movie had potential. the creatures being the root of mans vision of demons. the lava vents spawning the image of hell. but, having the creatures be mutants, thats where they completely jumped the shark

Back
Top Bottom