The Cave The movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I loved the movie, plots a little dumb, But now I'm trying to convince my 13 year old AOW diver son that he won't be eaten alive if he dives a sink or cavern. LOL, Sheesh!!

The Cave, just watched it, I'm sorry this movie was just silly. I do have a question, but it's a spoiler so don't read past this point if you haven't seen the movie and don't want anything spoiled.

Ok the creatures in the cavern at the end, at one point with all the flames and explosions and stuff, the camera zooms in on the flesh of one of the creatures and I think you see a tatoo. Does this mean, just like the leader getting slowly taken over by the parasites, that we are to believe the original party that got lost in the cave was completely transformed and lived for like 50 years in this new form?

DiverBouy: That creature w/ the Tatoo was from THEIR group. Remember the first guy that got it - they said he was "Special Forces". The tatoo was: USF.

Just watched the movie today -- SUCKED! Although, I had heard as much but wanted to watch for the cave scenes and of course the gear. I swear, my mouth starting watering everytime they broke out the rebreathers and scooters and underwater communications. MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!

Talon:
DiverBouy: That creature w/ the Tatoo was from THEIR group. Remember the first guy that got it - they said he was "Special Forces". The tatoo was: USF.

Just watched the movie today -- SUCKED! Although, I had heard as much but wanted to watch for the cave scenes and of course the gear. I swear, my mouth starting watering everytime they broke out the rebreathers and scooters and underwater communications. MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!

Actually, I went back to the beginning of the movie to see who the tatoo belonged to because the movie sucked so bad I lost track. It belonged to the guy who blew open the grate in the 1980s. The tatoo was U S S F or V S S F.

Well I am relieved that I've not rented the moovie.

Sounds like an U/W version of The Thing or The Relic.

Green_Manelishi:
Well I am relieved that I've not rented the moovie.

Sounds like an U/W version of The Thing or The Relic.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I watched it this weekend. Just like the movie "The Relic" (the book was VERY good, the movie was VERY bad). Complete with the flaming monster (I broke out laughing in both movies at that point).

I noticed that also. The wife and I keep laughing about it. We just assumed they were carrying a portable generator and 100 gallons of gas to recharge their equipment with :)

Matter of fact, anyone notice that they didn't carry multiple scooters on their first venture into the cave. It was what - a 12 hour journey to the first location. How many scooters do you know that last that long.

MtnDiver:
"The Relic" (the book was VERY good, the movie was VERY bad).

I am relieved I have not watched that movie either.

I read the book. I've read most of the books by that author. Wish I could remember his name. 45 years of age and residual N2 narcosis is a baaaaad ... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom