The Cave The movie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HybridDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just watched the movie the cave was ok kinda cool loved the dive stuff. I was just wondering if anyone knew what rebreather or harness system they had one.. i thought i saw diverite im not sure though :) thanks for the help cheers

ChrisCrash:
I just watched the movie the cave was ok kinda cool loved the dive stuff. I was just wondering if anyone knew what rebreather or harness system they had one.. i thought i saw diverite im not sure though :) thanks for the help cheers

Megalodon with a short can + a custom made shell to look extra techy. They were using a lot of Diverite gear since the principal videographers are from cave country.

p.s. I bought one of those shells on Ebay. It's an interesting prop. and someday will be the center of some meaningful UW conversation. However, before that happens I get the feeling that I will be asked ( Mrs.X) to get rid of the "darn thing".

I'm still looking for a copy of the movie in widescreen , havnt seen it yet and all they seem to carry are full screen.

i thought it looked a bit like a drager with a big plastic cover stuck over the top

Hi Mr. X,
I also picked up a couple of the props - Jack's Aqualung mask and wetsuit, both of which I now use diving. Figure I'll have to take a cavern course now to justify owning and using the stuff. My missus also didn't seem that thrilled that I'd bought even more "scuba crap." 'Course she's never been diving. Some folks just don't get it. Maybe some day the film will be a cult classic and those of us with some of the props will be able to hold our own underwater convention.
Happy diving,
KBrown

On MLK day I had the day off and did a "The Cave"/"Into the Blue" double feature. I had not seen either yet. Except for Jessica Alba all wet and stuff and a couple cool things about diving, the story line in both movies stunk.

The coke ***** in "Into the Blue" should have drown in the plane the first time she went back and got tangled up. She was that stupid.

They did get the number of sharks in the Bahamas right. I had friends who were stoked that there were 10 reef sharks in Coz after the first hurricaine this summer. I kept telling them to dive the Bahamas if they really want to see a lot of sharks.

kbrown4ou:
Hi Mr. X,
I also picked up a couple of the props - Jack's Aqualung mask and wetsuit, both of which I now use diving. Figure I'll have to take a cavern course now to justify owning and using the stuff. My missus also didn't seem that thrilled that I'd bought even more "scuba crap." 'Course she's never been diving. Some folks just don't get it. Maybe some day the film will be a cult classic and those of us with some of the props will be able to hold our own underwater convention.
Happy diving,
KBrown

Thanks for your support. Since you use your gear it was a totally super logical, absolutely necessary purchase. :) Perhaps I should take my shell and give it a quick twirl. I know the leccies will fizzle out though as it seems to have been assembled by a high schooler. Cheers X

ChrisCrash:

For the past three months or so Kevin Costner has been filming a new underwater movie in Bossier City, Louisiana. Yes I know LA is not known for crystal clear water but some of the water scenes were shot in a giant tank. While others were shot on a couple of area lakes.

My buddy who owns Red River Scuba is providing about 20 -30 tanks a day when they're shooting underwater. The deco bottles you will see in the scenes are just filled with air.

It's hard to really do much of a deco dive when you're diving in 25 feet of water. I don't know the plot but it should be interesting and who knows it might turn out to be a classic.

Back
Top Bottom