The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unbelievable pics, thanks so much for sharing!

Carmen, those are a type of tunicate. Aren't they just incredibly beautiful?

They are a variety of tunicate, Clavelina moluccensis, commonly called bluebell tunicates in this area. They are very pretty, and are presents on the reefs as well as the wrecks here, but are more prominent on the wrecks. The next time you see them, put your ear right up next to them and you will hear the ocean! Pretty cool, huh?

Yes, they were gorgeous! If I didn't feel I'd damage or kill some miniscule life form on the deck, I'd turn onto my back and make a lazy summer day out of it watching the clouds roll by. :wink: Viz wasn't that good! Just a hazy ball of light showing the surface.

I'll be sure to put my ear to them next time, Kev. Thanks for the replies guys and Stu, great shots. :D

Hellllllooooooooo - is this thing on....?

4830735166_185ecbf102.jpg

4830118819_c195bcc417.jpg

4830116851_7cb775cb02.jpg

4830740462_2cc0923d0d.jpg

4830762998_8f9e7d3df6.jpg

4830154517_b633ea916c.jpg

4830716836_179214979c.jpg

4830095101_673b4092a0.jpg

:rofl3:

Nice pics, Tim. Birthday dive?

Why doesn't the lionfish have a hole through it?

Nice pics, Tim. Birthday dive?

Why doesn't the lionfish have a hole through it?

Yeah-- What is up with that? I am thinking I need to make a little hawian sling out of BBQ skekers and PVC with walmart slingshot straps. Would fit in a thigh pocket.

Hello friends, Debby and Kitty. What is the present lionfish situation at Boynton? I saw two in one twilight dive Saturday at Jupiter.

I saw 4 Lionfish last Saturday morning on our second dive at "Clubhouse". That's 4 too many!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom