The best scuba diving mask straps - Mask Saver & Mask Saver Deluxe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you say "The best scuba diving mask straps" is it a personal opinion or has it been independently verified by a properly accredited organization?

When you say "The best scuba diving mask straps" is it a personal opinion or has it been independently verified by a properly accredited organization?

jeez man it is hyperbole I'm sure.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

I'm interested in this as well. The release clips would be great because it is a little difficult to get my mask over my head with the GoPro on.

TNRonin, let us know how it works out.

masksaver, your location says Thailand, is that where these mask straps are shipped from? If so how are they shipped and about how long would it take to get to the US?

I received an email about it shipping next week. That has me scratching my head. I ordered it early Thursday. But if it is in Thailand I guess it is Friday morning early. As long as I get it before the next trip. I'll get some people at the quarry to try it out and get their opinion.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

The deluxe version is bigger and also functions as a pouch for your mask.
What is the difference between the mask saver and the Deluxe?

---------- Post Merged at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:05 PM ----------

The deluxe version is bigger and also turns into a pouch or a travel case for your mask.

---------- Post Merged at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:05 PM ----------

it is Friday here in Thailand and also a public holiday. We will ship on Monday or Tuesday next week. Sorry for the delay.

---------- Post Merged at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:05 PM ----------

it is Friday here in Thailand and also a public holiday. We will ship on Monday or Tuesday next week. Sorry for the delay.

---------- Post Merged at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:05 PM ----------

personal opinion as well as the opinion of hundreds of happy divers that are using the mask savers

Have used a regular neoprene/velcro mask strap for the last 15 years or so. The market is awash with them. I've never felt the need for QR buckles on the straps. A potential point of failure and/or discomfort that doesn't really solve a problem... although I'm sure some will find value in it.

Other than the buckles, what's 'new' about the concept?

Have used a regular neoprene/velcro mask strap for the last 15 years or so. The market is awash with them. I've never felt the need for QR buckles on the straps. A potential point of failure and/or discomfort that doesn't really solve a problem... although I'm sure some will find value in it.

Other than the buckles, what's 'new' about the concept?

Watch the video.

The strap with the releases allows the strap to open and allow the mask down over the face. The releases are not in a high stress location if the mask is worn properly. I'm not aware of any other strap that does this.

Sent from my DROID X2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom