The best regulator out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always go for: the type of regulator that your LDS can service for you.

Depends on where your diving and water type/temps. I have a Scubapro MK17/G250V and it is an excellent reg top breathing and can handle any waters cold/warm whatever.

Also own a set of Atomic M1's and they too are awesome reg's.
The others I have heard about but not tried is the Hog line of reg's from comments they seem to work just as well as the two above but cost a fraction of the cost. and for those that like to work on there on things you can take course to service your own Hog reg's.

I have heard nothing but the best about atomic........

That's because they are the BEST! You're on the right track Keith. I hope you stay that way!

I have a pre-aqualung apeks atx50 I LOVE it....my next reg will prolly be a scuba pro mk25/s600. I am going to have to buy 2 first stages very soon, and they will be the scuba pro mk25's.

GL in your decision.

Zeagle, look no further.

I don't get it... best at what? Price, performance, maintenance cost, weight...???

You really want to narrow down the necessary n forget bout the good to haves.

1. Servicing costs/parts availabily is the most important for myself.
2. Performance/durability and parts longevity.
3. Suitability for diving in hash conditions from cold to muck n silt.
4. Finally, costs

If you intend to do wreck n tech, you're better off getting a tough, easy to service n proven reg.

The Apeks DS4/XTX50/XTX50 (which a lot of BSAC divers I know use),
Aqualung Legend and legend Lx which I personally use
Scubapro MK17/G250V which a lot of guys here use too.

All are fully capable and reliable regs and will be more than enough for most diving.

Lastly, as much as I like Atomic fins/masks, their regs although the best performing are also some of the best (highest) in servicing costs and servicing isn't that easy to find at least here in Asia. Should something go wrong during your travel... not a good thing to think about.

SangP

Last edited:
I don't think there is a best. If there was we'd all have it. There is the most expensive, but they all have their pros and cons.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom