The Best Dive Job in The World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My problem with this is the signing over of all rights to images, videos, etc with no further compensation. If you are going to use me as advertising you will damn well pay for it. Even low end models and actors collect royalties and residuals. Dream job? Maybe for some but the transportation to bali and forfeiture of rights just stinks. Like making a video and allowing someone to use it for a measly ten grand when it has the potential to bring in a helluva lot more than that. Aiding a dream is one thing. Taking advantage of someone's dream for self enrichment is something else.

I don't know if it's the best job, but it is a pretty nice prize for a contest.

All Zippsy seems to be able to do is complain when other tell the truth. I think there's a job waiting for him in Washington DC.

Wow, sounds like a pretty good opportunity for some lucky person to work in the diving industry....

....dont know why it's attracted negative attention from the 'obviously vastly more elite and experienced' member(s) of the board? Guess thats just how it goes....

I predict that the winner will last less than three years in the industry, which is a year longer then the average ... that's cause it's the best!

It's just a contest based on a popular TV show in this neck of the woods called "The Best Job in the World." Some English guy won six month gig being the "caretaker" of a beautiful island off Australia on the GBR. They made a reality show out of his experience as he promotes ecology, learns the ins and outs of the reef, etc... I will bet it is not REALLY the best job in the world.

Of all the things in the world to get bent out of shape about this ain't one.

Last edited:
A dream job is to be a PADI instructor? PADI needs new instructors like AMWAY needed new blood to participate in their multi-level marketing scam.
PADI has to pitch being a dive instructor as a dream job. That's how they attract the latest crop.
The dive world needs more PADI instructors. Who else is going to offer up all of those $159, 2-weekend be a diver specials?
PADI has the best instructors....like McDonald's has the best managers. ;-)
"Would you like a Master Diver card with that insta-cert?"

Dream job?.....Dream on.

-Mitch

A dream job is to be a PADI instructor? PADI needs new instructors like AMWAY needed new blood to participate in their multi-level marketing scam.
PADI has to pitch being a dive instructor as a dream job. That's how they attract the latest crop.
The dive world needs more PADI instructors. Who else is going to offer up all of those $159, 2-weekend be a diver specials?
PADI has the best instructors....like McDonald's has the best managers. ;-)
"Would you like a Master Diver card with that insta-cert?"

Dream job?.....Dream on.

-Mitch

Regardless of how I feel about PADI, I am pretty amazed that people actually go out of their way to post things like this...

Dream job, maybe not for you- but then again some people actually like DIVING, rather than slithering around internet forums, posting drivel.

Oh come on!
Lighten up.:wink: Since when did it become so serious on this forum.
Drivel? Slithering? That's awesome!

-Mitch

There really are too many slithering, drivellers in the cyberworld already.

Other than that, this comment is spot on "Regardless of how I feel about PADI, I am pretty amazed that people actually go out of their way to post things like this..." :clapping:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom