The Best Dive Job in The World

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yet you're "going out of your way" to follow and respond to it with another post. Lighten up, I didn't realize anyone would really be so sensitive about a PADI comment.

Yet you're "going out of your way" to follow and respond to it with another post. Lighten up, I didn't realize anyone would really be so sensitive about a PADI comment.

more bored than sensitive. PADI is far from perfect but their name can't be mentioned in a thread without someone immediately whinging about how PADI ruined the industry, their job, their marriage and any chance of peace in the Middle East.

PADI is far from perfect but their name can't be mentioned in a thread without someone immediately whining about how PADI ruined the industry, their job, their marriage and any chance of peace in the Middle East.

Great!!!!!!!!:rofl3:

We are simply offering a great chance for somebody who may not be able to afford the expense- to take this once in a life time opportunity to experience the working life of a PADI Dive Instructor (which is actually many peoples dream job). The winner will win over 16,000 US Dollars worth of free training from us....I think that is all that needs to be said here.

Best Dive Job - Home Best Dive Job in the World

BLUE SEASON BALI

So teaching (i.e. WORKING) for you is the best dive job in the world? You may be covering the cost of some training but this has nothing to do with the best dive job in the world. As far as I am concerned, Wes Skiles had the best dive job in the world. He was not working for someone else teaching a bunch of annoying tourists. He was diving the places all over the world that he loved and filming or photographing them. That is a great job. Teaching a smelly old man who thinks he is your superior is not a wonderful job for most.

Nothing but Hype.

What we are offering is an opportunity for one lucky person to win the chance to become a PADI Instructor without cost. From the Applications that have come in already on the blog (Best Dive Job in The World) it is clear that many people are extremely passionate about this recreation and have on numerous occasions thought about making the step up to the Professional level but may have had certain implications that have meant they could not follow their dream.

We are simply offering US$ 16,000 worth of free training to one individual to help them achieve this.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are simply offering a great chance for somebody who may not be able to afford the expense- to take this once in a life time opportunity to experience the working life of a PADI Dive Instructor (which is actually many peoples dream job). The winner will win over 16,000 US Dollars worth of free training from us....I think that is all that needs to be said here.

BLUE SEASON BALI

This seams to be a rip of from the real "best job in the world" stunt they made at great barrier reef, manly for commercial reasons. And not to help out people.

The applicants where suppose to make as much p.r. as possible, to win, and the winners only job where to blog about the experience, witch seems to because of google ratings. Seems a lot like the best diving job...

This is great stuff, good reading.

I recon there are probably quite a few people applying for this that may well consider it to be the best job in the world, we are all agreed that diving is fun and some people get a kick out of watching other people get in to it, this is before you start talking about working in tropical paradise with scantily clad young ladies bobbing around.

If your going to break this down to analyzing the title then I guess it is a matter of values, as an instructor i don't earn very much at all but I have no plans to chang my profession and the only plans I am making are to develop further in to SCUBA instruction

And I also recon that if they got let in to the secret that the person donating the 16,000 was gonna try to get some PR off the back of it then I feel that the winner may not actually be that offended and could take a lesson from it as an "out the box idea"

Either way some lucky person is gonna bag this and I find it difficult to see how that is a negative even if the person donating is gonna have their profile raised along the way.

Being born without a silver spoon in my mouth it was one hell of a challenge for me to get the cash together to become an instructor and make it work so I really hope the winner is someone that appreciates what they have won, and if not.. who cares really?

Corporate companies are always donating money to charity, why? the goodness of their heart? I think some perspective is required here.. call it what you want someone is gonna have a cracking 6 months ahead of them and a hell of an opportunity at the end of it

Scoobydrew,

very much appreciated the comments there; all we are simply trying to do it give someone a great chance in life to do something they otherwise maybe could not afford to do. Thanks for the support.

There is only 2 weeks left before the 28th Feb to get you applications in; tell you friends tell your family. If you know anybody who is wanting to change their life forever, don't let them miss out!

Have a look at the blog and see what entries we already have.

BLUE SEASON BALI
Diving Bali | Dive Courses Bali
PADI Member Award Winner 2010; Outstanding Dive Center 2010
Commitment to Instructor Development 2010

Join us on Facebook​

Back
Top Bottom