The ban hammer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite enjoyed the puppy thread.

i do have to admit that some of the posts were clearly exploiting their cuteness.

As a cat owner I was offended by it but I'm also a big boy and simply chose not to click on it. So there.

Hmmmm, a Super Moderator wielding a Ban Hammer, does that job come with a cape? Are you Thor??? :confused: :D

image.jpg

Fear the Ban Hammer

I won't even bother appealing the Pub ban. Scubaboard just doesn't seem to be worth fighting for anymore. My month long vacation has made me realize how much the fun has been sucked from the board. Cave Diver, you actually proved the point that you were arguing against. You state that you weren't involved in the matter, yet proceed to invoke past behavior to justify a ban in something that you weren't involved in. Sounds like targeting or profiling to me. You infer that my presence is no longer welcome, I'll probably continue to watch this thread for a bit but like many people I can see my involvement with the board fading fast.

---------- Post added November 13th, 2013 at 07:16 PM ----------

And no, I wont let the door hit me in the ass on the way out

My month long vacation has made me realize how much the fun has been sucked from the board.

Agree.

In spite of 'clear policies', the execution has been heavy-handed and two-faced. After myriad complaints of "you post too much", I was immediately urged to write a blog. The hypocrisy left me aghast.

Since then, I was invited twice by Mods to comment on posts in the Basic forum. :w-t-f:

Banning in 3......2.......

So there!
I have nothing to add except Steve's avatar made me spit my beer out....

A few months back I was banned from the Pub and never given a reason.
From the very first premise, your argument is false. You were banned from that area for bigotry and taunting the staff. You were told this and yet you showed no remorse.

I wonder when was the last time you posted anything to do with Scuba? 81% of your posts are in the Surface Interval, 15% are in closed cases (removed for one reason or another) and about 4% are in the Scuba related areas. Since almost all of the posts that were removed came from the Surface Interval and the Pub, it seemed best just to remove you. The volunteer staff just doesn't need your drama back there. If you don't like it then toughie kaboombas. You made this bed, now sleep in it.

I can see my involvement with the board fading fast.

At least on this we agree. To help you through this troubling time, I have chosen an appropriate image to help you feel missed;

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom