The Ashes 2005 - Can England do it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
Maybe a win for England will take some of the sting out of that 1-0 loss to Northern Ireland last Wednesday night in the World Cup qualifiers. I still have a hard time believing that one...

Quite true, I hear that the manager's (Sven Goran Ericsson) job is in jeopardy.
Northern Ireland is ranked 116th in the Fifa world rankings, that's in the same class as Azerbaijan, St. Lucia :07: and El Salvador. Anyway shocking results do happen from time to time.

Ok..Ok. This threads about cricket......and it's not cricket to talk about football!

(runs to the bedroom for a 15 minute weep while the crickets at lunch)

Well - at least we got Gilcrests wicket last ball before lunch!

well... darn it.... dare i say it?

one day .... nine wickets ... and it's England's Ashes

G’day there Kim -

Jeeze – this ain’t looking too good mate. Some of our boys are going to have to quickly learn how to use a bat and ball to win this game – not a skill that’s been previously required when playing the English. Normally just being Australian and turning up on the day has been enough. I’m sure there’s a few ozzie blokes up there in pommie land who’ve played the game before that they can rope onto the field to turn this farce into a proper game.

Anyway – lets be good sports by turning this thread away from The Ashes and back onto soccer. Although nobody but children and sissies plays the game in Gods Own Country who can forget that a bunch of ozzies beat the English team last year. Not that any of our guys had ever seen a soccer ball before getting on the field. My only confusion is why they would call a game between Australia and England a ‘friendly’.

I’m sure our cricketers have just being toying with the poms for some amusement and will get round to playing some cricket on the last day.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Hi Rohan -

Yup - I reckon your guys better get down to Shepherds Bush real quick and see what they can find.

I have to say though that you are more or less correct about the soccer. You think the Aussies are the only ones with prima donnas! It's a good job that it's not them at the Oval.

Meanwhile - watch out for that duck you mentioned - looks like he can kick a bit harder than most folks know!

Batsman_Duck.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist.
After catching some of the highlights of the days play it seems that for once the weather has come to England's advantage. All hail bad light.
The ashes is all but theirs now.

Sydney 13 September 0100 hrs.

Police were out in the early hours of the morning hunting a rabid duck that is believed to have kicked 11 people to death.
"You've never seen anything like it", said an eye witness, "jeeez, what a fight it was, there was blood everywhere!"
A police spokesman said that they were still investigating the exact circumstances of the incident - but promised a full and thorough investigation.
"It seems unbelievable", said the shocked spokesman, "We are obviously going to have to take action to try to insure that such a thing doesn't happen again. The main problem though is that most Australians just don't take ducks seriously enough. We are going to need to change this, but it's hard to change ingrained attitudes overnight."

The Sydney Kwacker - 57 minutes ago.

Well....what do you know!

ENGLAND HAVE WON!!!!!!

I'm a little happy now :)

wow... when i became a Pom's fan back in ... er... 2002, i never thought
i'd see the day we WIN an Ashes!!!

hehehehe... wooo hoooo!!

Back
Top Bottom