The Ashes 2005 - Can England do it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So noted, so noted ..
icosm14.gif
Sleep and a day of diving beckons!

Kim:
No Andy. England has to draw, Australia has to win......this match.

dang it... yup, England has to draw, sorry

Australia has to bat really well, then bowl the crap out of England...a tall order,
to be sure, but as you said, it's not over

Jamdiver:
Sleep and a day of diving beckons!

sounds pretty darned good to me

:mrcool:

Mate –

Theres a better chance of being kicked to death by a duck than the poms wining tonight. :dry:

I'd hate to say it but in some ways it would be good for the ozzies to lose – this current team or primma donnas has gotten too use to winning. That’s the down side of being Australian - winning constantly at every sport we play for years on end gets so boring you almost want to give up watching sport - you know the outcome even before the teams get out on the field. :sleep:

Probably why rugby has become interesting again.

Anyway – if one win, in one sport, can bring so much joy and happiness to our pommie friends that they can briefly rekindle their faded memories of glory long-lost, then maybe one loss could be bearable. :1poke: Maybe.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tassie_Rohan:
Mate –

Theres a better chance of being kicked to death by a duck than the poms wining tonight. :dry:

I'd hate to say it but in some ways it would be good for the ozzies to lose – this current team or primma donnas has gotten too use to winning. That’s the down side of being Australian - winning constantly at every sport we play for years on end gets so boring you almost want to give up watching sport - you know the outcome even before the teams get out on the field. :sleep:

Probably why rugby has become interesting again.

Anyway – if one win, in one sport, can bring so much joy and happiness to our pommie friends that they can briefly rekindle their faded memories of glory long-lost, then maybe one loss could be bearable. :1poke: Maybe.

Cheers,
Rohan.
:rofl: is that why you guys predicted a 5-0 whitewash??? Oh well, you're about
to lose Warny (and his mouth!) - so who knows, maybe you'll enjoy cricket again as well!!! :rofl:

Anyway - they have been great games...so thanks for that! :D

p.s. That Aussie chap with the TV stations reckoned that English cricket was worth enough to pay 220 million quid for for the next four years. That should help a lot as well - thanks!

Sorry about that 5-zip prediction mate – guess that they were just using past experiences as a rough guide….

I must say it is heart-warming to see what a jolly plucky little bunch of battlers your pommie team is. Splendid chappies keeping a stiff upper lips and all that I say! :sarcasm: Sure they are all suffering from delusions of adequacy, but they have provided a few entertaining games and it is going to be almost too cruel to watch our boys snuff out all the hope and pride that has sprung up among the inhabitants of The Damp Little Island over the past few days… :1poke:

Best of luck and may the best team win…

Cheers,
Rohan.

Maybe a win for England will take some of the sting out of that 1-0 loss to Northern Ireland last Wednesday night in the World Cup qualifiers. I still have a hard time believing that one...

So far so good.

Andrew Flintoff.......9 overs......3 maidens.........3 for 15!!!!!!:yelclap:

Well, i must say that reading the banter from Kim and Tassie is a lot more entertaining than a cricket game....:)

I had the distinct pleasure of living across the street from the Coogie cricket pitch in Sydney and five minutes of that always chased me over to the Coogie Bay Hotel for a drink!
:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom