The Ashes 2005 - Can England do it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
For the first time in 24 years England look like they are in with a great chance to win back the coveted Ashes. At the very least it has already been the most exciting series for years - especially if you are a Brit!
Of course - a lot of you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about! That's OK. I don't understand much about US sport either!!!

Meanwhile.......Go England!!!!!........let Aussie heads roll!!! :1poke: :wave-smil :wave-smil

Your right, not a clue. Of course, I don't even watch US sports. Life is too short to be sitting on a couch getting fat when there is a whole ocean out there to be dove.
Regardless, GO TEAM! You can pick which one.

Well, for me it's more like listening to it on internet radio in the middle of the night!! It only happens once every two years.....so I guess I can afford that!
The last time I had this much fun was when we beat the Aussies in the Rugby World Cup final.
Ooooh.......they hate losing sooooo much!!! :frlol:

Kim:
For the first time in 24 years England look like they are in with a great chance to win back the coveted Ashes. At the very least it has already been the most exciting series for years - especially if you are a Brit!
Of course - a lot of you have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about! That's OK. I don't understand much about US sport either!!!

Meanwhile.......Go England!!!!!........let Aussie heads roll!!! :1poke: :wave-smil :wave-smil

I've been most impressed by England's play over the past few weeks, even though I'm a casual cricket fan. Woe be the next team that play them in a test match.

From Chris your dejected West Indies Fan :cry:

Chris.
Having lived through the years of the legendary West Indies teams - to my mind the best teams that ever played the game - I have to think that what you guys are going through now has to change sometime. Anything less would be a tragedy.

I do know the feeling though. I refused to listen to the matches for years because I simply couldn't handle another English collapse.

well.... England have played well... just barely well enough to be 2-1

never dominating, England still has come a long way in a short time.

i said Australia would walk all over them, and i am glad to be wrong!!!!

right now, on day three of the last test, England leads Australia 373 to 277-2

but England has to win. all Australia has to do is draw, and they keep the Ashes

a moral victory for England, to be sure. but just a moral victory.

No Andy. England has to draw, Australia has to win......this match. With the time already lost to rain - and the forecast for Sunday - it's looking more and more difficult for Australia. Now I'm not saying it's already over - but put it like this....I'm glad I'm English and not Aussie right now.

p.s. Australia are still the World Champions. Dominating them is asking a lot. I'm happy to settle for beating them!

Ah, you know exactly what I'm talking about!!
Wake up it's West Indies 122/1.
You think to yourself wow that's not bad. Go about your business come back a few hours later it's 240/7 or some ridiculous score of that order.
Unbelievably depressing especially if you've invested your time and or money watching them play.
Anyway congrats to England on (hopefully) sticking it to the Aussies.
BTW are you close to Miyazaki? I have a friend there who I've somewhat convinced to take up diving and kick surfing to the curb:07:

Jamdiver:
BTW are you close to Miyazaki? I have a friend there who I've somewhat convinced to take up diving and kick surfing to the curb:07:

Actually, as Japan goes, not too far away. Miyazaki is sort of middle to south Kyushu - I live in Fukuoka province....North Kyushu.

Back
Top Bottom