The Art of Tipping.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone else ever been to that dock, boarded & exited pangas from it? It's quite a climb really, and with waves coming in from passing boats, wind, whatever - the panga moves at times beyond even a good captain's control. Maybe they should tie up fore & aft, and if asked I bet they would, but usually for one able bodies diver - it's no biggie to just park and wait for him/her to get off.

Now if I fell between a high, sold dock and a panga - I would want the skipper to back off and give me room. Throw me a line or a DM if I seem in trouble (forgetting the personal fact that I am the one wearing a float vest when I exit), but mostly I'd rather he back off and give me safe room to swim to the stairs - not reboard the panga and risk getting crushed by it on another wave.

I doubt that he "left," and suspect he just backed off to see what the klutz in the water needed. :cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom