The amazing dive at Morrison 6/10/06, or SeaYoda who?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photohikedive:
hmmm, but I DID go diving, reallly!

I would say I could verify that. I know he was there, since I was too, but come to think of it I never did see you with your BC on, just snorkeling. :wink:

Knight1989:
I would say I could verify that, but I was omitted by PHD in the dive report...

Fixed :wink:

Thats ok, hes going to come on here in a little while and claim he was at the Jetties today too. While hes GOING to say he was diving, I only saw him standing around his truck.

damn you knight, you must be following me.

Yes, the pier dive was a wash. Waves were beating around the pilings. MDB and I decided it wasn't worth the pounding after speaking to one guy who came out holding a speargun. According to him, the vis was about 2 feet.

So, we made our way to the jetties. We had just got parked when the OMITTED one drove by without saying hello. We grabbed snorkle gear and headed for the water.

Down at the shore we could see the waves working outside the jetties, but the dive area looked calm. We were being decieved. It was a whirlpool behind the rocks. The tide was coming in hard, and the current was swirling enough that it made a calm spot in the center. I could hold my breath, dip down, and do a 20 foot circle before coming back up for air.

Everyone was crammed up along the rocks, snorkling, getting sucked out, then fighting back in. There was at least one couple who called their dive. Another pair of divers were observed by MDB as being sucked out around the jetty as if they were "being towed".

We had as much fun as we could in that madhouse. But after about an hour we called it quits, and made our way home.

There's a possibility I might dive it Tuesday still, I'll tell you what you missed... maybe.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom