The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My lower back is one spot I have thought of and I do find the tattoos I have seen on women down there very sexy but I can't see it if it is there and I really want to be able to see it. Additionally I love to wear dresses that dive down deep in the back and I don't know if I want it to show on those occasions...

Julie

Low low back, easy to cover up, yet can reveal in a bikini, low pants etc. Easy to keep private, yet I can see it every day in the mirror! Got to be relatively conservative at work unfortunately.
:irazz:
DG

I have one on my upper right breast. It's easy to cover but if I want it to show, I don't have to 'hang' anything out to do it. I also have a large octopus on my upper left thigh. It doesn't go below my shorts line and since I wear a uni-suit bathing suit it's mostly under the leg of my suit. A Juv. Spotted Drum on the outside arch of my right foot. This one is visible except under socks, an Indian dream catcher ankle bracelet on my left ankle...these are the only two that are visible at all times. All my tattoos are on the front of my body so I can see them. I get them for myself, no one else, and I want to be able to see them.

Im not a woman, but Im tattooed and have many tattooed lady friends.

if you have to be conservative at work like Divegirl, then I would suggest your front upper hip area. Not so much your stomach, but more above the hips and not right on them. You'll be able to show it off without revealing to much and also be able to look at it.

Just keep in mind that some shops charge more $$ when you go below the belt or near 'personal' areas.

Good luck.

JulieParkhurst:
I have often thought about getting a tattoo of a Sea Turtle somewhere on my body but I can't decide where to put it.

Is there any women out there with tattoos that would share with me the location of their work.

Please tell me the reasons you like the location and any problems you may have had with covering it up on those occasions when it wasn't appropriate to view.

Thanks Julie

Get a tattoo for yourself (who else would you get one for?!), and worry more about places on your body that will keep the tattoo looking good. Look for places that won't sag later on in life, and places that don't get overexposed in the sun. Shoulder blades are popular because they stay taut when places like hips, stomachs and breasts begin to sag. If you're a runner or generally fit below the waist, the calves and feet are good places. Ankles too...don't get too many saggy ankles.

If the area is fleshy, or has a lot of subcutaneous fat (think breasts) or muscle (think thigh or bicep), the tattoo will end up stretching and sagging. Arms get a lot of sun, so the tattoo fades quickly...looks smeared.

I suggest the shoulderblade, near the spine. Or the lower back. Careful...this can be a saggy area later on, depending on how developed your back is.

You can get the artist to oil the tattoo on (the way they apply the stencil) in a couple of different spots...it rubs off with rubbing alcohol. This gives you a good idea of where you want it, and how it will look when it's finished.

I have a Flamingo with sunglasses on-on my left hip/back and the rolling stones logo on my right hip/back. I had mine put there for "professional" reasons. (AKA--the boss and college policies)

Hamster is right...tatoos are VERY personal things. Get it where YOU want and of what YOU want, or you will dread ever doing it.

I got a tattoo a few of years ago and thought very carefully about where I wanted to put it. In the end I decided on my lower back but to the right rather than the centre. It has worked really well. While I am at the age where I love wearing hipster trousers and back bearing tops out at night it can be seen and looks good yet I can wear backless evening dresses and it can't be seen for those more formal occasions. I wear a bikini and it is on display or I can wear my one piece and it is covered - lovely.

I agree that it is in an area where it may have problems with weight gain or sagging skin when I am older but the way I see it, when I am sixty I am not going to be worried about how it looks because I won't be wearing hipsters or bikinis then so it won't be on show, unless of course I manage to retain my figure in which case it won't be a problem anyway :wink:

As an aside - I find that keping my tattoo well moisturised all the time keeps it looking really good and keeps the ink from going green.

I got a tattoo while in the service. While it was really neato for a while. It has long sense been something I tend to regret. What I recommend to anyone who'll listen, is to just get the design of the potential tattoo embroidered on a jacket. Then when you tire of it you can remove the jacket. I really believe that you'll be happier in the long run without a tattoo.

Dwain

Stay away from the breast. As a guy I have already seen way too many breasts that have been spoiled by a tattoo. God did a pretty good job on them just the way they are and a tattoo in that area just screws up what are normally very nice skin tones. Nothing ruins a good (or not so good for that matter) set of boobs quicker than a tattoo.

My vote is for the lower back if you have to have one, but I always really question why someone thinks they have to have one.

The only good answer I ever got was from someone with a bad case of turrets syndrome. He did a lot of tattoos and body piercing to distract people from his turrets syndrome. Unfortunateyl it did not work and in fact just highlighted things, but at least he had a semi-valid reason.

And I really don't care where you put a tattoo, they do not age well over a normal life span. So maybe if you have to get one, wait until you are 65-70, then it will still be looking relatively good when you go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom